Oilers Interest in Neuvirth?

OccamsRazor

STIR STIR STIR

Just to give us something us to argue aboot.

I seen this on Ek so take it for what it's worth.

He started the RNH talk....and it went for 6 or more pages i forget so thoughts on his clickbait!!???!!!

On Neuvirth...

Talking to sources around the NHL this morning and yesterday I continue to hear the Oilers are getting very aggressive in their hunt for a backup. Andrew Hammond's name has surfaced, but the one that I keep hearing is Flyers backup Michael Neuvirth...I have not heard the Flyers have considered moving Neuvirth, just that other teams in need of a backup, especially Edmonton are curious...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Oilers-Interest-in-Neuvirth-On-Dell-and-Pens-Green-and-Habs-Buzz3/1/89359

Michal Neuvirth of the Philadelphia Flyers is congratulated by teammates Radko Gudas and Nick Schultz after the game against the Montreal Canadiens...

So my biggest question is what would be the return??? And since they won't play him because Hak hates him......who would backup Brian Sieve Elliot???

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He started the RNH talk....and it went for 6 or more pages i forget so thoughts on his clickbait!!???!!!

LOL!!!  Tis is very true .... let make this thread go longer! :P

ok ...kicking the tires I'll play along .....

What would we get for Neuvy? .... honestly probably a draft pick.  I really can't see Neuvy bringing much more back than that.  A role player maybe??   Start Elliot in goal and bring up Tokarski as back-up?

image.pngnull

35 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

What would we get for Neuvy?

Ok. Hhhhhmmmm.

I'm not even sure i would want a pick in return they have 10 in the upcoming daft already. I'd want a player who was closer to play in the NHL.

I would ask for LW Anton Slepyshev (23) or LW Tyler Benson (19) in return.

Flyers need some depth there till a prospect arrives.

The Oilers can have anyone on this roster not named Ivan and Travis. Perhaps there is a 3 way deal out there to acquire someone organizational who actually knows  how to develop and nurture young talent. It appears to me that the Flyers are stuck in the dark ages in developing young players. Benching the future of the team in the 3rd period of close games is a jackass move. Forget about the playoffs, corporate flunkies, let the kids take responsibility. 

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If we get fries we might have to throw in a pick. Maybe we just go with the sandwich. 

I don't know.  Hexy can work magic with some trades.  He was able to trade VLC to the Kings for Veal, er, I mean Weal.  I think he can swindle a combo!

15 minutes ago, icehole said:

I think we all know what Hey will do.

1720.jpeg

LMAO

Trading Neuvy for draft picks is appropriate. Every time they hear "draft," it'll remind them of the movement of air caused by the pucks whizzing by him. 

Well, this rumour was also mentioned by Frank Seravalli on TSN, he went as far as saying that the Oilers GM was after Neurvirth back in 2015 to be Talbot's backup then, but Neuvy decided to resign with the Flyers.

19 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So my biggest question is what would be the return??? And since they won't play him because Hak hates him......who would backup Brian Sieve Elliot???

This is the question.  Lyon has not impressed much in Lehigh Valley this year (although Stolarz didn't last year and ended up playing extremely well for the Flyers... not that it mattered much).

Hart is apparently completely on Fire in Juniors, but A) that's Juniors and B) you can't play in the AHL or the NHL when you're still in juniors.

They'd need a backup.

13 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

and be left with Elliot?

At least Neuvirth can play like a #1 at times. Elliot is just garbage. I guess having him helps with the tank though 

Dude made 45 saves last night.  He gave up one big rebound that resulted in a goal, the second goal was a complete defensive breakdown.

Elliott isn't pretty, and he doesn't have to be.  he's fine for 2 years until Hart or Sandstrom are ready with a Stolarz backup.  

The team still needs a backup between now and then though.  

I was looking at the Phantoms stats.  Tarkowsky (sp) and Lyons are not tearing it up.  Both are sub .900.  So it appears neither may be a backup candidate at this juncture.  Come to think of it...that is pretty scary if "Ellvirth" has an injury.   

Archived