Oilers Interest in Neuvirth?

OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok so the blind squirrel found a nut!!???!!!

Your point?

Criticism is more credible when one can acknowledge the positives.  

Just saying he sucks and he's killing the team is simply inaccurate.  

He's not saving their butts.  But when they lose, it's rarely specifically because he coughed up an easy goal.  He's doing what was expected of him.  If you expected an elite goaltender, then your expectations were off.

I've been pleasantly surprised with him.  He's been adequate to good which is all I'd ever dreamed he'd be.  And he absolutely has not been an unmitigated disaster.  

14 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Just saying he sucks and he's killing the team is simply inaccurate.

Yeah his stats say otherwise. But who are you to say i'm wrong? You don't have to agree but you can't say i'm wrong. Look at his loss column.

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah his stats say otherwise. But who are you to say i'm wrong? You don't have to agree but you can't say i'm wrong. Look at his loss column.

It's not tennis.  The goalie doesn't play by himself.  

His numbers arent good but they're better than some other goalies whose teams are ahead of the Flyers in the standings. 

I've asked before and no one has answered: what's the game this team deserved to win that they lost because Elliott gave up a weak goal?  

You don't have to like him, you don't have to say he's good.  Lord knows I'm not.  But I think it doesn't help to be unrealistic.  He's fine.   

54 minutes ago, King Knut said:

It's not tennis.  The goalie doesn't play by himself.  

His numbers arent good but they're better than some other goalies whose teams are ahead of the Flyers in the standings. 

I've asked before and no one has answered: what's the game this team deserved to win that they lost because Elliott gave up a weak goal?  

You don't have to like him, you don't have to say he's good.  Lord knows I'm not.  But I think it doesn't help to be unrealistic.  He's fine.   

You're right it's NOT the goalie's fault it's everyone else's fault....even Hak he plays defense, forward and goalie let's blame him.

It's Hak fault someone could drive a dump truck through Elliot's 5 hole numerous times this year.

Let's blame Hak it's the easiest thing to do, surely can't expect a guy who is paid to stop the damn puck to ACTUALLY STOP the puck because well he gets a few.

#blamethecoachyear

Archived