Not That Anyone Cares: Flyers vs. Calgary 12/4/2017

Bertmega

Also i know there isn't much of a difference but myself i would play Alt on the bottom pair with Sanheim.

From the little i have seen of him i think he skates well is bigger and plays better defense...and that to me is what Travis needs to settle him down some. 

Manning just is ok in his own end but he isn't giving Travis much defensive support.

However i know Mandog is one of Hak's favs and he don't have many of those left since Bellemare and Van de velde have left.

7 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Borderline call on Hamonic (even though he got a match penalty)...

The refereeing with suspect all night long. The high-sticking call on Calgary that was actually a Flyer stick may have been the worst call of the night.  And right after that power-play Provorov was called for hooking. It was actually a trip by another Calgary player that caused  the Flames player to fall.

Nice to see a win! They must feel so relieved!

@OccamsRazor You keep saying Elliott hasn't stolen a game for us.... well, there ya go! The Flyers had no business winning that game last night! Elliott saved their bacon, plain and simple.

Top line looked ok with Simmonds. I don't know, not a huge fan, but whatever, the shuffle got Filppula and Raffl going, Raffl especially.

The Laughton "4th" line was awesome too - and I put that in quotes because they are really the 3rd line. 

Patrick centers the 4th line - he and his mates had the lowest TOI on the team. 8:22 for Patrick, 7:56 for TK, and 6:46 for Weise. All three of them were -2.

Not a fan of that line at all. They were dogging it out there, bad turnovers, getting hemmed into the defensive zone, and didn't generate squat the other way. Patrick looks like he's just coasting around without a purpose - the guy in school who's too slow to keep up in a game of keep-away. And TK looks like a deflating balloon - a ton of speed and energy with absolutely no direction or purpose.

I wonder if there's a way to balance things out a bit better.

G/Patrick/Simmonds

Raffl/Filppula/Voracek

Weise or Weal/Couturier/TK

Leier/Laughton/Weise or Weal

Yeah, I know that moves Couturier to the "3rd" line, but really, it gives those other two boneheads an NHL veteran who's defensively responsible and has found his offensive touch this year. I suspect those two would kill Couturier's production because they don't do what G and Voracek do, but it might be worth a shot? 

11 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Not a bad period sans one juicy rebound by Elliott

He has to fix that leaky 5 hole he has it is killing them this year.

giphy.gif

Overall good win. Time to start a winning streak.

Looks like Ghost should of got this goal.

giphy.gif

Archived