Not That Anyone Cares: Flyers vs. Calgary 12/4/2017

Bertmega

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The high-sticking call on Calgary that was actually a Flyer stick may have been the worst call of the night.

giphy.gif

Finally some bounces and some calls to go Flyer's way hey i'll take it.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

You keep saying Elliott hasn't stolen a game for us.... well, there ya go!

Awesome. Would of been great oh i don't know maybe before 10 games ago??? Aw f**k it better late than never.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Patrick centers the 4th line - he and his mates had the lowest TOI on the team. 8:22 for Patrick, 7:56 for TK, and 6:46 for Weise. All three of them were -2.

Yeah great back checking by douche Weise.

giphy.gif

Sit that p.o.s.!!!

giphy.gif

He backchecks with some effort that goal doesn't happen.

Go to see something in the win column for change!

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Awesome. Would of been great oh i don't know maybe before 10 games ago??? Aw f**k it better late than never.

Yeah great back checking by douche Weise.

giphy.gif

Sit that p.o.s.!!!

giphy.gif

He backchecks with some effort that goal doesn't happen.

Go to see something in the win column for change!

I hear ya. But he's obviously at the end of a shift (those are not his linemates at the start of the clip), which begs the question of why he didn't go off when the puck was headed up ice.  Terrible.

Also, terrible pass, and a terrible attempt by Weise to make sure that the errant pass didn't turn into a turnover at that very dangerous place on the ice.

In short, fukcing terrible all around.

There might be some important lessons from this game:

1) Hak can actually strange strategy;

2) Quality of shots matters more than quantity;

3) Elliott can produce a good game;

4) Calgary's D may be worse than ours--their TV announcers were apoplectic over their performance;

5) Laughton may be pegged as a fourth liner but he showed some skill and speed that were surprising.

Hope springs eternal.

6 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I hear ya. But he's obviously at the end of a shift (those are not his linemates at the start of the clip), which begs the question of why he didn't go off when the puck was headed up ice.  Terrible.

Also, terrible pass, and a terrible attempt by Weise to make sure that the errant pass didn't turn into a turnover at that very dangerous place on the ice.

In short, fukcing terrible all around.

Hey there are some good thing i noticed aboot the game Hak has made some adjustments (the anti Chip Kelly move) so there is hope.

Besides the line changes he adjust his system to a less aggressive 1-2-2 style and i think it will help the kids as they are still trying to learn the game at the fastest pace in the world's hardest league to do it in.

I'll take it a little less aggressive and maybe give them a chance to capitalize on the other team's mistake which looks like what happened.

And in time when the kids look like they are ready to can switch back to a more aggressive style.

So i will say i am happy that he changed. Kelly never did couldn't or wouldn't and teams teed off on the the Eagles and basically it proved to me that Kelly's system was more geared for college and not the NFL. 

So i hope Hak can prove he isn't just a good college coach. Tie will tell. However i have seen progress. Must keep it going.

Archived