Jump to content

Question of the Day


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, the Flyers lose ten in a row and nearly everyone -- myself included -- is "fire the coach," "trade all the things," "I knew an average-at-best goalie would only play average-at-best!," "The pretzel guy touched me inappropriately in 1992!" etc. etc. etc.      So now that they've beaten Calgary and Edmonton in back-to-back games, I think really only one question remains.   Where are you hanging out for the Stanley Cup Parade?   I think I'm starting out at Broad & Locust

Screenshot locked and loaded.

I haven't done Steve's on Bustleton.  but I did do the one up on Comly in NE.   I'm not a huge fan of the sliced steak, but the taste was good.  And I know what you mean.  I've lived in Williamsport area (about 60 miles east of State College) for 22 years.  A lot of Philly exports here, but their cheese steaks suck.   We finally had a place run by a couple Philly guys for about 3 years, and it was actually pretty legit.  But it didn't make it.   Aside from the rolls and the meat being wrong, the

We're all bipolar! 

 

I'm starting mine right here in New Brunswick, and @elmatus and I gonna march our a$$es all the way to Philly. Might take us a few months, but it's happening.

 

Of course, if we could wait a few years until Myers makes the team.... then he'll bring the Cup right here to us. 

Edited by brelic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right @ruxpin

Nearly everyone.   Except... myself and Hextall thought Hakstol should be fired.  :haha:

Elliot still is an average goalie, and long term it might be a great idea to trade Voracek.

 

and... It probably would be no surprise that I'm not starting any parade plans,  I must be as stoic as Hakstol.  :IDunnoSmiley:

 

carry on...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if a parade is in order just yet, however in light of the past two games performances. I would say Dale Weise, Dave Hakstol and Michael Raffl have all earned contract extensions with  considerable raises and NTCs for the players.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Not sure only flew into Philly once never left the airport. Wherever you're paying!!! I be dare!!!

 

Since I'm fairly confident I'm exposing myself to no financial risk, if they win the Cup this year, I'll buy.

 

The caveat is that they have to do it in a sweep over Ottawa in the finals.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know if a parade is in order just yet, however in light of the past two games performances. I would say Dale Weise, Dave Hakstol and Michael Raffl have all earned contract extensions with  considerable raises and NTCs for the players.

 

Agreed.  I'm thinking 8 years, $8M per for each.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

 

Tell me there's not actually a street called "Locust" in Philly?

 

Yeah.  Supposedly about the tree and not the insect, but you be the judge (yeah, several of the east-west streets in that area of the city are named after trees.  Chestnut, Walnut, Locust, Spruce, Pine, etc. ).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

Yeah.  Supposedly about the tree and not the insect, but you be the judge (yeah, several of the east-west streets in that area of the city are named after trees.  Chestnut, Walnut, Locust, Spruce, Pine, etc. ).

 

Ok, so I didn't know that Locust was a kind of tree. Cheers. Great thread BTW

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the common mnemonic sentence used to remember the Center City streets that run north to south: My Cat Wears Lucky Snow Pants Low Slung. Market, Chestnut, Walnut, Locust, Spruce, Pine, Lombard, South

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

Yeah.  Supposedly about the tree and not the insect, but you be the judge (yeah, several of the east-west streets in that area of the city are named after trees.  Chestnut, Walnut, Locust, Spruce, Pine, etc. ).

 

@Podein25

Yup ...used to live on Pine St. when I was in Pharmacy School.  It is over near the campuses of UPenn / Drexel / UScience (formerly known as Phila. College Pharmacy & Science..my alma-mater)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

 

Since I'm fairly confident I'm exposing myself to no financial risk, if they win the Cup this year, I'll buy.

 

The caveat is that they have to do it in a sweep over Ottawa in the finals.

 

Screenshot locked and loaded.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

Here's the common mnemonic sentence used to remember the Center City streets that run north to south: My Cat Wears Lucky Snow Pants Low Slung. Market, Chestnut, Walnut, Locust, Spruce, Pine, Lombard, South

 

LOL .... having lived there during my college years .... I actually remember being told that! :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

So, the Flyers lose ten in a row and nearly everyone -- myself included -- is "fire the coach," "trade all the things," "I knew an average-at-best goalie would only play average-at-best!," "The pretzel guy touched me inappropriately in 1992!" etc. etc. etc.   

 

So now that they've beaten Calgary and Edmonton in back-to-back games, I think really only one question remains.

 

Where are you hanging out for the Stanley Cup Parade?   I think I'm starting out at Broad & Locust and then maybe shadowing the parade from there.  After that, I'm not sure.   How about you?

 

I think I will just sit and eat at either Pat's or Geno's Steaks and wait for the parade to come to me! :) :toast:

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

If you want fries on your sandwich, this is the place to go

 

Never excited about fries on my sandwich, but for me, it's better than Primanti Brothers.  There, the bread is way too soft with the fries and its a mushy mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

 

I think I will just sit and eat at either Pat's or Geno's Steaks and wait for the parade to come to me! :) :toast:

 

Bring binoculars and forklift mirrors, because...well, you lived down there so you know it's not on the Parade route.   If you want to make it Jim's on South I'm game to meet up.   Though, if we're not going to be on the parade route anyway, we should just do Delasandro's in Roxborough and avoid the traffic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

Bring binoculars and forklift mirrors, because...well, you lived down there so you know it's not on the Parade route.   If you want to make it Jim's on South I'm game to meet up.   Though, if we're not going to be on the parade route anyway, we should just do Delasandro's in Roxborough and avoid the traffic.

Delasandro's in Roxborough SOLID SOLID SOLID

As is Steve's Prince of Steaks on Bustleton is also very solid.

 

I haven't had a cheese steak in so long I may need to go on a road trip

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bertmega said:

Delasandro's in Roxborough SOLID SOLID SOLID

As is Steve's Prince of Steaks on Bustleton is also very solid.

 

I haven't had a cheese steak in so long I may need to go on a road trip

 

I haven't done Steve's on Bustleton.  but I did do the one up on Comly in NE.   I'm not a huge fan of the sliced steak, but the taste was good.  And I know what you mean.  I've lived in Williamsport area (about 60 miles east of State College) for 22 years.  A lot of Philly exports here, but their cheese steaks suck.   We finally had a place run by a couple Philly guys for about 3 years, and it was actually pretty legit.  But it didn't make it.   Aside from the rolls and the meat being wrong, the people up here like to stick a salad on it.  If I wanted a salad, I'd order a fricken salad.

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm... Not sure where I will stand for the parade, but I will make the trip from Ottawa...

 

On a side note, you guys are giving me some place to go try from when I go down for the April 5th game vs Carolina... Going to have to make a list of all them. :beer: :cheers:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

 

Since I'm fairly confident I'm exposing myself to no financial risk, if they win the Cup this year, I'll buy.

 

The caveat is that they have to do it in a sweep over Ottawa in the finals.

 

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

 

Deal!

 

But only if Damian Rhodes is in net for the Sens!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...