I give up (terrible calls)

King Knut

38 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I don't even know what to do anymore.  

Did see the game so can't comment.

Hey no Flyer fot ejected or waiting to hear from the DOPES!

Thats a win in my book!

Trade Radko now why you can!!!

For a box of hammers i don't care!

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Did see the game so can't comment.

Hey no Flyer fot ejected or waiting to hear from the DOPES!

Thats a win in my book!

Trade Radko now why you can!!!

For a box of hammers i don't care!

Vancouver's only goal saw a Canuck essentially hooking Elliott by the blocker, preventing him from using his stick arm to play a puck right in front of him.  Another Canuck came up and poked it home. 

Elliott's literally there staring at the puck unable to sweep it away with his stick. It would have been an easy sweep to the winger  in the corner instead it was a goal against.  They even reviewed.  I have no idea what they were thinking. 

Watched NHL tonight and Kevin Weeks was seriously struggling between knowing it was BS and kinda hating the Flyers... as one apparently does.  He even admitted it needed to not be a goal.  

There are a significant number of people in 31 fanbases who think that their team in particular gets screwed on a regular basis. It's like listening to Bret Hart talk for more than 5 minutes.

5 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

There are a significant number of people in 31 fanbases who think that their team in particular gets screwed on a regular basis. It's like listening to Bret Hart talk for more than 5 minutes.

Good we need to start a community thread and everyone needs to bring some examples because i would love to see it and compare.

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good we need to start a community thread and everyone needs to bring some examples because i would love to see it and compare.

I have yet to meet the fanbase that isn't overwhelmingly convinced that the refs are out to screw them.

The Patriots fans claim the NFL is out to get them. For them it makes them feel better to not only have won, but to have overcome the nefarious plots of The League. And, of course, they may be right deserve it, but I don't think it is reflected in the officiating.

And don't get Bahstan fans stahted about that NHL and da Broons.

I don't know why anyone would watch a supposedly competitive sport that they firmly believed was fixed against them from the start.

This isn't the WWE.

I think there are Bad Officials. Not in the sense that they are biased, just that they're not very good at their jobs. Those guys go roaming around the league and get every fanbase convinced that these bozos in black and white are screwing them. They're not screwing them. They're screwing everybody. There's one NFL group this season that has something like half again to twice as many penalty calls as the league average. That's just terrible.

Personally, the time I start having a problem with an official is when I get to know his name. I still cringe at the name "Leon Stickle."

@radoran Last year, I had an old friend from Edmonton was convinced that Gary Bettman himself interjected into the Oilers/Ducks playoff series in an effort to screw the club out of a rightful series win. He's a great guy, but the emails and phone calls were the  ravings of an utter mad man. We're talking about the sort of things the police find in a manifesto after they toss the bad guys' house.

Fans: if you think that your team is singularly being picked on it's time to take the mirror from in front of your face. The reason the official's mistakes look so pointed against your team is because

a) you watch so many more of their games than anybody else's, so you don't see the breadth of bad calls, and

b) you're emotionally invested in the outcome of their games.

Although statistically heavy the following article attempts to objectively look at referring in the NHL.  The study concluded that 1) teams that are ahead have more chance of having the next penalty called against them, and, 2) Teams that have taken more penalties are less likely of having the next penalty called against them. The article also rated referees on the variables looked at in the article. people.stat.sfu.ca/~tim/papers/penalty.pdf

Archived