Elliott tops league in 5v5 save %

brelic

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Found this on /r/flyers

https://imgur.com/zgCe3TZ

Interesting. However must give credit to the other 4 too..........right?

Yet progress i would say over last year. They struggled here last year. Still lots of room for improvement.

It's a start in the right direction.

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yet progress i would say over last year. They struggled here last year. Still lots of room for improvement.

What other 4?

10 minutes ago, brelic said:

What other 4?

Well you said 5 on 5 so it must be done with his other teammates....to do that so i guess i should say still other 5 guys!

Or unless Weise or Lehtera out there it would be only with those two anchors!! :VeryCool: 

I wish he played better when they are down a man that would be huge too. I will say he has gotten better though.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well you said 5 on 5 so it must be done with his other teammates....to do that so i guess i should say still other 5 guys!

Or unless Weise or Lehtera out there it would be only with those two anchors!! :VeryCool: 

I wish he played better when they are down a man that would be huge too. I will say he has gotten better though.

Fair enough, but our PK has blown chunks for several years now, with different goalies. Mason also had the same disparity.

So it's not really on Elliott, IMO. Dude has been amazing the past 15 games or so.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

5 on 5 play this year has been strikingly better.  The big problem is that the PK has gotten worse.  That's almost exclusively how they're losing these games.

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

The big problem is that the PK has gotten worse. 

It was actually doing well till the Flames game where they gave up 3 PP goals and the wheels have just fell off since....as as i stated might be time to relieve Lappy of his duties....you cut off the arm to save the body type of move.

I hate it because as a player i loved him tough as nails type of guy especially after taking that puck to the face.

However you have to put that aside now and it's about the team now not what you have done in the past as a player.

Anyways Ron has to make the call on that...not an easy one by any means.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It was actually doing well till the Flames game where they gave up 3 PP goals and the wheels have just fell off since....as as i stated might be time to relieve Lappy of his duties....you cut off the arm to save the body type of move.

I hate it because as a player i loved him tough as nails type of guy especially after taking that puck to the face.

However you have to put that aside now and it's about the team now not what you have done in the past as a player.

Anyways Ron has to make the call on that...not an easy one by any means.

They were still only middle of the pack at best (80%).  For them with the PK it's as much about timing as anything.  I don't know what the answer is.  Maybe it's Lappy... maybe it's the rookies. 

It's been significantly better since MacDonald's return (89% since he came back, 100% over the past 4 games). I assume not being able to ice 2 units without playing 2 rookies was a big problem during the Streak.  

Archived