Ducks Coming Up 'Rosey' With Henrique Trade

TropicalFruitGirl26

Henrique.jpg

While I still believe both teams made out well and addressed team needs with this trade, I can't help but think how unbelievable Adam Henrique has been for the Anaheim Ducks since being traded.

I will say, right off, that Sami Vatanen has stabilized the Devils defensive core and is a very nice addition to them as he definitely makes the NJ defense that much better...especially for the PP, utilizing Vatanen's shot, vision, and skating ability.

That all said, what can you say about Henrique as a Duck, except... WOW!

Guy is making waiting on Ryan Kesler much easier...and I have to wonder....even when Kesler gets back, do you mess around with Henrique and his standing on the team's offensive lines? I think not.

First off, Kesler has to work his way back to game shape... Secondly...what fool would mess with a good thing like the Ducks have with Henrique right now?

If there is a poster boy for 'change of scenery does a guy good', then Adam Henrique is it.

To further illustrate my point, here is a video of Henrique, on his return to NJ, this time as the enemy, doing a number on not only his old club, but the defenseman he beat on the play was....yup, you guessed it, Sami Vatanen.

Now, I will note here as well that Vatanen has picked up an assist in the game for NJ too, so not like he has been a dead log in this one.... but Henrique...well, see for yourself.... highlight reel stuff indeed......

Henrique has always been a very streaky player. He'll go into god mode for like 10-15 games, then go cold for the next 15. The timing has certainly worked out very well for the Ducks as he was getting hot (after being demoted to the 4th line) right before he got traded, and has carried that with him.

Vatanen has been good for the Devils too, he just hasn't put up much offense yet. The best thing he's done is take the pressure off Severson and Santini. His transition ability fits the system like a glove and I think once he gets used to the team, system, location, etc. he's going to be a really good addition.

This trade is one of the rare ones where I think it's going to work out well for both sides.

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

@MadDevil

I'm waiting to see what happens to him once Kesler returns. Did he play wing at all in Jersey or is he on the move again once the Ducks get healthy? 

He can definitely play wing. In fact I actually think he's more of a winger than a center with the way he plays. He just kind of had to play center for so long given how poor the Devils center depth was up until this year.

too streaky, 45 points a year come in bunches and long stretches of nothing. I doubt it will ever change. The Ducks have been decimated by injuries, when the real players come back he will be a quality middle six forward which is his true role. He is fools gold right now, it is all illusion. 

On 12/26/2017 at 3:04 PM, yave1964 said:

too streaky, 45 points a year come in bunches and long stretches of nothing. I doubt it will ever change. The Ducks have been decimated by injuries, when the real players come back he will be a quality middle six forward which is his true role. He is fools gold right now, it is all illusion. 

Well said. Completely agree. 

Archived