2018 World Juniors Tournament

hf101

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Logan Brown expected to play today.  He clearly had what looked like an ankle injury last week.  

Big games today   USA vs Sweden and Canada vs Czech Republic.  I'm hoping for another North American Final.  

Fanboy has done riled up our Canuckian friendliens!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I won't root against Canada for Hart's sake.

Man after watching some of these kids play like Elias Pettersson should would of been good to see how Patrick would have measured up against similar aged talent.

Canucks have some good young forwards going forward with Brock Boeser and Pettersson.

21 minutes ago, hf101 said:

OMG.  when are they going to make a goaltending change?

Sweden now up 4-0.  

thanks @Podein25

:whiteflag:

Wow.

Long gone are the days when the Swedes were just an obstacle for either Team USA, Team Canada or Team Russia, huh?

Sweden takes this, I guess we will all be meeting at IKEA for meatballs and lingonberries.....   :bigteeth:

Congrats also to Sweden for a great tournament. Those boys should hold their heads up high. They played a helluva game and helluva tournament. Never been more terrified to see Team Canada on the PP!

22 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Congrats also to Sweden for a great tournament. Those boys should hold their heads up high. They played a helluva game and helluva tournament. Never been more terrified to see Team Canada on the PP!

What an awesome day to be a Canuck. Sweden was a very tough opponent. Love the way that Soderlund kid skates and presses on the PK. The Swedes had the most deadly pk I have ever seen. These two teams were so close in skating and talent. That one off the post was a reminder of how close things were, that goes in, momentum shifts and anything can happen. Hart had a real solid game/tourny....very proud of this whole team. Feels like a piano has been lifted off my shoulders. 

On 1/4/2018 at 6:09 PM, hf101 said:

OMG.  when are they going to make a goaltending change?

Sweden now up 4-0.  

thanks @Podein25

:whiteflag:

No shame in losing to the Swedes. My condolences also....Glad to see you guys in Group B next year, and us in Group A. USA had a nice tourny, just ran into a very tough, talented Swedish team. 

Just now, jammer2 said:

No shame in losing to the Swedes. My condolences also....Glad to see you guys in Group B next year, and us in Group A. USA had a nice tourny, just ran into a very tough, talented Swedish team. 

I think the only shame was giving up two shorties on the same PP, lol.   Completely an OMG moment.   I'm not sure why the decision was for Woll to start in net for that game as Oettinger would have been my choice.  

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

I think the only shame was giving up two shorties on the same PP, lol.   Completely an OMG moment.   I'm not sure why the decision was for Woll to start in net for that game as Oettinger would have been my choice.  

Well, giving up 2 shorties on the same pp is rare, you can tell it was no fluke. They did the same thing to Canada today, not 2, but made the one shorty look easy. Maybe the best pk squad ever in this tourny. Agreed, Ottinger over Wall all day long. Plus, they should have kept a shorter lease on Woll....no matter if the goal are his fault or not, after the 3 goal, you just gotta make that change and hope it turns your fortunes. 

2 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Well, giving up 2 shorties on the same pp is rare, you can tell it was no fluke. They did the same thing to Canada today, not 2, but made the one shorty look easy. Maybe the best pk squad ever in this tourny. Agreed, Ottinger over Wall all day long. Plus, they should have kept a shorter lease on Woll....no matter if the goal are his fault or not, after the 3 goal, you just gotta make that change and hope it turns your fortunes. 

Completely agree jammer.  As always this was a great tournament to watch and I thought the top 3 finished as the deserved top 3.

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It's later....

:win::banana::partytime:

Well played.

Congratulations.

I'm happy most for Hart......i'm a fan and pray he solidifies my Flyer's problem in net for the next 10-15 years!!!

Something nice to add to the resume.

Go Flyers!!!!

What a great game. Fast paced, end to end  back and forth. Two evenly matched teams just went at it all game with both goalies keeping their team in it. Was hoping for a rematch against the US but Sweden was a worthy opponent.Nice to see the only goalless Canadian forward score the game winner just for OR :eyeroll:

Hart finished the tourney with a 1.64 GAA and a .935 save percentage (I'm not counting the shootout goal against his stats because it has nothing to do with an actual game) He let in 5 even strength goals in 6 games. He was player of the game for his team against their two best rivals in this tournament. And tied the record for wins by a Canadian goalie with 8.

Dahlin won defenceman of the tournament and looks like he's going to be an excellent puck carrying gamebreaker. But for my money in that tournament I wouldn't trade Connor Timmons for any blueliner...the guy was outstanding at every aspect of the game. Between him and Makar  the Avalanche have a double glimmer of hope on their D.

Somewhere down the road a Swedish teenager is going to wish he didn't throw a hissy fit and toss away a medal he worked hard for. I get that he's a teenager....but he was also captain, and that was in poor taste. I'd like to think the guy who caught it will get it back to him.

Another great WJHC has come and gone. A reminder of how awesome the game can be played. I wish NHLers brought half this emotion to the rink....they certainly get paid enough to. 

Attendance was pathetic. I don't get it.

Archived