2018 World Juniors Tournament

hf101

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Somewhere down the road a Swedish teenager is going to wish he didn't throw a hissy fit and toss away a medal he worked hard for. I get that he's a teenager....but he was also captain, and that was in poor taste. I'd like to think the guy who caught it will get it back to him.

wyho6gt9cd801.gif

So he throws his medal to the pseudo USA guy, lol.  wow, you can't make this stuff up.

Apparently, the medal was given back. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Next years groupings. I'm sort of surprised that Germany isn't back in the mix.

Depending on what Russia brings...looks like an easy round robin for the Canucks. 

US will be in tough with both Sweden and Finns in their grouping...and I'd bet the Finns will be a lot better next year. 

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

wyho6gt9cd801.gif

So he throws his medal to the pseudo USA guy, lol.  wow, you can't make this stuff up.

Apparently, the medal was given back. 

I saw that this morning....hilarious. Glad to hear he got it back...I'm sure he's grateful now that the sting has faded. The Swedes played a great game...

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I saw that this morning....hilarious. Glad to hear he got it back...I'm sure he's grateful now that the sting has faded. The Swedes played a great game...

I don't know about that; not yet in his life anyway. He said he wouldn't regret not having it back, and that he's not so much as looked at his Ivan Hlinka silver medal. Put it in a box and hasn't checked it out since.

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I don't know about that; not yet in his life anyway. He said he wouldn't regret not having it back, and that he's not so much as looked at his Ivan Hlinka silver medal. Put it in a box and hasn't checked it out since.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as most of the posts here. He was young, distraught, and would regret tossing it into the crowd....but his explanation was revealing. Like you said, he has never looked at that other Silver and this one would have been in a similar box and yet again never looked at. It actually made a bit of sense once he explained. It would be a constant reminder of losing. Not the best example for a Captain, but I get it, I really do. 

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as most of the posts here. He was young, distraught, and would regret tossing it into the crowd....but his explanation was revealing. Like you said, he has never looked at that other Silver and this one would have been in a similar box and yet again never looked at. It actually made a bit of sense once he explained. It would be a constant reminder of losing. Not the best example for a Captain, but I get it, I really do. 

OR....... Or that's a guy who doesn't show up to NOT win, who hates losing with a passion. My own team could have used more of that over the last 10 years.

7 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

OR....... Or that's a guy who doesn't show up to NOT win, who hates losing with a passion. My own team could have used more of that over the last 10 years.

I believe it's a combo of both viewpoints. One thing for sure, The NYR raised a few eyebrows when selecting Anderson and Chytil with their 2 first round picks last year. They played great and those raised eyebrows have turned into rave reviews. 

Archived