Leafs vs Rangers

WordsOfWisdom

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

I can recall when the chances of the Leafs going into NY and beating the Rangers, were slim and none. Times have changed.... 

Yeah no doubt!  :)

Matthews came up big again. It got a little too close for comfort at the end there but the offside video review that took the tying goal away from the Rangers absolutely killed them lol.  

Thought they were in control the entire game, I never felt threatened by the bland offence of the Rangers. We’re it not for King Henry the score could have easily been 6-2.

I am torn between outright criticism of Babcock (Komarov again on the power play? Polak playing? Talented youth playing limited minutes behind veterans-seen some scathing articles lately about Babcock) and outright respect that he knows how to develop Nylander, Marner, Rielly, Brown, Matthews by surrounding them with the veterans and taking the pressure off, that his nurturing will be especially appreciated in about a year as the method behind his madness becomes apparent with the optimal mix of youthful talent and poised veterans.

@Stuart As soon as the Rangers scored the second goal they really poured it on in the third. I thought it was going to slip away. The offside call saved the Leafs bacon me thinks.  :)

I think we talk about Polak more than any other Leafs defenceman in this forum lol.  When I was tracking defensive errors for the team last season, Polak was the best defensive d-man on the team, according to the numbers from that stat. (Take with grain of salt.) This season, I have no idea.  

Good point about Polak, I have nothing but respect for his honest all out efforts.

I do read a lot of good insightful articles on our beloved leafs-and there is a lot to be said about going all out now, given looming salary cap issues as our talented youngsters contracts arrive, JVR, Tyler and Leo come due for free agency etc. I also wonder if we need more protection for our precocious youngsters? Matt Martin can’t be everywhere. 

And so, I look at Evander Kane with looming free agency in Buffalo, I look at Kadri needing a scoring winger (sorry Leo, we need you on the 4th line and as a PKer), we would then have three dynamite scoring lines, no one could compete with Matthews-Hyman-Nylander; Bozak-JVR-Marner; Kadri-Marleau-Kane (and a nice physical touch with Kane).

i know, Lou is not apt to pull something like that, but I can still dream

Archived