Adam Boqvist video

jammer2

This kid is ranked in the top 3 in most of the mocks I've seen, yet another super elite talented Swedish d-man. Not big by any means, but the video clearly shows he can skate and has tremendous offensive upside. 

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2018/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Adam-Boqvist

Still trying to wrap my head around how a kid who is ranked in the top 5 in most mocks is *not* playing in the WJC??  I can only conclude that he's injured right now, cause he was on team Sweden last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Before the season Boqvist was a guy I was hoping the Devils could snag (they already drafted his brother) but it's looking like they won't be picking high enough to get him. I'm hoping there will still be a good defenseman available wherever they end up picking.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 12:00 AM, MadDevil said:

Before the season Boqvist was a guy I was hoping the Devils could snag (they already drafted his brother) but it's looking like they won't be picking high enough to get him. I'm hoping there will still be a good defenseman available wherever they end up picking.

A little bit of a slump may put you in Bouchard and or Merkley territory. Not the best case, to lose late, but some nice consolation prizes. 

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

A little bit of a slump may put you in Bouchard and or Merkley territory. Not the best case, to lose late, but some nice consolation prizes. 

What's your opinion/scouting report on Bouchard?

14 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What's your opinion/scouting report on Bouchard?

Have not gone to a lot of games this year. I've seen the Knights a few times on tv, plus remember him from last year...smart, really nice stride, solid shot from the point, can be physical...all round type, good at everything. 

Just now, jammer2 said:

Have not gone to a lot of games this year. I've seen the Knights a few times on tv, plus remember him from last year...smart, really nice stride, solid shot from the point, can be physical...all round type, good at everything. 

Thanks buddy, I drafted him in my keeper in the fall unseen more or less. A buddy of mine thinks he may lack hockey IQ, based on a close connection he has to the Knights.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jammer2 said:

This article from hockey writers has write-ups on 5 players to watch for the 2018 draft, one of them being Bouchard.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2018-nhl-draft-prospects-to-watch/

Zadina looks like a good one. As does Veleno. And Bouchard. I think Hayton ends up being one of the steals of the draft...I don't see him going as high as the other 4 cause of his lack of wow factor....

"However, such could not be further from the truth, as the first overall selection in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection continues to learn from his mistakes and, in doing so, become a complete defender."

Huh?

Do these guys even watch these players? I don't think I've ever seen a defenceman play worse D than Merkely. Talented? Sure. Great skater. Should be a winger IMO.

Game 7, up a goal Stanley Cup final, I'd rather have Jake Gardiner or Sandis Ozolinch or Sergei Gonchar back there protecting the lead. I'll call it a tie with Andy Delmore. He's a horrible defender.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:10 PM, flyercanuck said:

Zadina looks like a good one. As does Veleno. And Bouchard. I think Hayton ends up being one of the steals of the draft...I don't see him going as high as the other 4 cause of his lack of wow factor....

"However, such could not be further from the truth, as the first overall selection in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection continues to learn from his mistakes and, in doing so, become a complete defender."

Huh?

Do these guys even watch these players? I don't think I've ever seen a defenceman play worse D than Merkely. Talented? Sure. Great skater. Should be a winger IMO.

Game 7, up a goal Stanley Cup final, I'd rather have Jake Gardiner or Sandis Ozolinch or Sergei Gonchar back there protecting the lead. I'll call it a tie with Andy Delmore. He's a horrible defender.

Yeah, Zadina reminds be on Laine, but better his own zone and all round. 

I have read some real head scratchers in player evaluation....yes, makes you wonder if they have ever seen them play, or just coping stuff right off the net. 

16 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Yeah, Zadina reminds be on Laine, but better his own zone and all round. 

I have read some real head scratchers in player evaluation....yes, makes you wonder if they have ever seen them play, or just coping stuff right off the net. 

Apparently Merkely was sent home yesterday. Not sure if its refusal to play D or an attitude issue, but it likely won't help his draft position.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Apparently Merkely was sent home yesterday. Not sure if its refusal to play D or an attitude issue, but it likely won't help his draft position.

WOW, just a horrible time to have that happen!!  He might drop out of the top half of the 1st round with that brilliant move....can't see him slipping out of the first unless it's a drug or alcohol thing. 

Hey jammer...what do you think of Curtis Douglas?

I was pissed when we traded him (of course Luchuk just passed Frost in points and is also leading the league in goals) it's not often you see a 6'8" 230 lb 17 year old winger...actually, I'd never seen one until he started playing for the Colts. His skating needed work (duh) but it was coming along pretty well last I saw of him.

Archived