Eddie Lack on the move again

yave1964

Eddie Lack (of talent) once upon a time was highly thought of by the Canucks, high enough to where when Schneider and Bobby Lu were moved out, he was given every opportunity to win the starting job.

FAIL

From there he was dealt to the Hurricanes who were looking for Lack to replace the eroding skills of Cam Ward.

FAIL. AGAIN.

On to Calgary where he was given the backup job to Mike Smith, hoping that he could play 25 games a year and perform well.

Sensing a pattern.

Today he was traded to the Devils where he will back up the previously mentioned Schneider, traded for the lumbering hard hitting but talentless Dalton Prout.

Sound and fury, signifying nothing. maybe the fourth team in a little over two years will be the right fit.

And maybe the phone ringing is Heather Locklear wanting to know what I am doing on New Years eve. About the same odds.

Hmmm.... Lack to NJ??

Where for art thou, Keith Kinkaid??

I thought NJ was already set in goal.

Lack HAS to be for their minor league affiliate...and as a third string goalie in case either Schneider or Kinkaid go down.

I think NJ currently has a capable back up in Keith...he does what you expect a back up to do:  keep his team in the game, don't get blown out, and just manage things without having to be spectacular.  GAA just north of 2.5, Save % around .900....again, what one would expect from a backup behind a workhorse like Cory Schneider.

An unexciting move by the Devils, although, perhaps as Yave stated, perhaps the 10th team is the charm....who knows....

TB did something similar by trading for Louis Domingue... I.E. get a guy who won't be getting much time at the NHL level, but who DOES have NHL experience should the team need it....and that way you won't have to yank a young guy from the junior levels for an emergency.

I think Lack will be to the Devils what Domingue is to Tampa Bay.

Lack is being assigned to Binghamton, which is a hot mess this year. It does give them another option for a backup if Kinkaid continues to struggle in that role though (he currently has a 3.48 GAA and .893 Save %).

Archived