Morgan Frost

King Knut

Leads the OHL in points and assists and is a whopping +45. 

Essentially it seems Hextall traded Schenn for a flat tire, a low first round pick in 2018 and a guy who looks like he would have been a top 5 pick in 2018 if he had been born a little bit later.  

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Leads the OHL in points and assists and is a whopping +45. 

Essentially it seems Hextall traded Schenn for a flat tire, a low first round pick in 2018 and a guy who looks like he would have been a top 5 pick in 2018 if he had been born a little bit later.  

hard not to feel excited about this kid.   seems to be really excelling which is great for the future.   hopefully, he stays healthy and keeps it up...   looks like this kid could be special.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

hard not to feel excited about this kid.   seems to be really excelling which is great for the future.   hopefully, he stays healthy and keeps it up...   looks like this kid could be special.

The scuttlebut at dev camp was his ability to see the ice and anticipate the game.  He was a guy who “saw the matrix” as it were and that he just made it look easy. 

Couturier, Frost, Patrick, Laughton/Vecchione could make this team very special down the middle depending on how the wings shape up. 

Lindblom is looking like we expected for often than not now.  

What the hell can be done to get Weal and Konecny going now?  

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Frost didn't miss a beat when he lost 2 of the Soos best players to TC.

He's averaging over 2 points a game during the "Hounds 23 game win streak. 

Again I digress .... potential steal in the draft ???

50 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

with any luck we'll be able to turn him into a serviceable 3rd liner.

Sky's the limit right now.  

Based on his size, he will have to be DAMN good to make the Flyers next year.  Chances are good this kid actually sees another year of Juniors.  The biggest issue for him will truly be his size, though he's not exactly Johnny Gudreau small. 

Right now it looks like He, Patrick, Vecchione and Rubstov will be fighting it out for 2 spots on the Flyers.

Ruby and Vex and Patrick can all be Phantoms.  If he was 6'2" / 200 and beat the rest out, I'd say he makes the team, but at 5'11"/170 he'll have his work cut out for him.  

2 years of eating his veggies and hitting the weight room however...

21 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Sky's the limit right now.  

Based on his size, he will have to be DAMN good to make the Flyers next year.  Chances are good this kid actually sees another year of Juniors.  The biggest issue for him will truly be his size, though he's not exactly Johnny Gudreau small. 

Right now it looks like He, Patrick, Vecchione and Rubstov will be fighting it out for 2 spots on the Flyers.

Ruby and Vex and Patrick can all be Phantoms.  If he was 6'2" / 200 and beat the rest out, I'd say he makes the team, but at 5'11"/170 he'll have his work cut out for him.  

2 years of eating his veggies and hitting the weight room however...

I think it’s more like Frost, Vecchione, and Rubtsov fighting for 3C next year. Patrick will have a spot, probably 2C. 

Exciting times!

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

Based on his size

He is up to 6-0 180 right now.

Big enough not concerned with his size at the moment. I imagine he isn't through growing either.

He doesn't turn 19 till May. So he will have one more of juniors before making the jump to the AHL.

51 minutes ago, brelic said:

I think it’s more like Frost, Vecchione, and Rubtsov fighting for 3C next year.

Frost will go back to juniors and Vecchione will take Fil's spot at center....maybe this year if they trade hi at the deadline.

Ruby i think end up on Vorobyev's LW once he makes the AHL next year.

I think the Flyers will have enough centers with Laberge more than likely getting sign with Salinitri to play the pivot down there.

Then you will have Bunnaman to who is a center as well who could kick out to LW too.

Next year your LW's (not sure who gets promoted) Lindblom, Rubtsov, Bunnaman, Fazleev.

I assume maybe Martel gets moved up and take Weal's spot who i think gets traded somewhere. My 2 cents.

Don't forget Vorobyev. He's not putting up the points in the AHL yet, but he's also four years younger than Vecchione. I was very impressed with him at camp this summer.

7 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Don't forget Vorobyev. He's not putting up the points in the AHL yet, but he's also four years younger than Vecchione. I was very impressed with him at camp this summer.

Not sure if that was towards me but i mentioned Ruby will be on his LW for the Phantoms next year which will develop some nice chemistry for the two players.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is up to 6-0 180 right now.

Big enough not concerned with his size at the moment. I imagine he isn't through growing either.

He doesn't turn 19 till May. So he will have one more of juniors before making the jump to the AHL.

Hadn’t realized.  Very good to hear.  Getting into Richards territory. 

27 minutes ago, icehole said:

No it's not.  I do it every day.  It's actually pretty simple.

I get that you are frustrated....but this whole every prospect sucks, Hextall sucks, blah, blah, it gets old. Excuse us for holding out hope that is team can turn it around with a very nice prospect pool. The whole thing is a process. A process that takes patience. We did the whole shiny new thing on this team for years. Vinny L....and a LONG list of guys who got us no where. 

I'm not happy about how things are, in fact...I'm too disgusted to watch right now, it makes me sick to my stomach...BUT, I'm willing to give this Hexy rebuild a chance. Thing is, our dmen are gonna take a few more years to develop. Our pool of forward prospects is deep and talented. In 3 years Hexy has taken our prospects from worst to first. That tells me he knows what he is doing. Carter Hart is gonna help, and maybe the Swede goalie also. If this team REALLY sucked and got into the top 5 this year, we will get a star....patience. 

EDIT....I have seen Morgan Frost play, live....multiple times...and he is exciting. We should all be excited. Have you seen him play, or are you basing all the negativity on ....nothing? 

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

I get that you are frustrated....but this whole every prospect sucks, Hextall sucks, blah, blah, it gets old. Excuse us for holding out hope that is team can turn it around with a very nice prospect pool. The whole thing is a process. A process that takes patience. We did the whole shiny new thing on this team for years. Vinny L....and a LONG list of guys who got us no where. 

I'm not happy about how things are, in fact...I'm too disgusted to watch right now, it makes me sick to my stomach...BUT, I'm willing to give this Hexy rebuild a chance. Thing is, our dmen are gonna take a few more years to develop. Our pool of forward prospects is deep and talented. In 3 years Hexy has taken our prospects from worst to first. That tells me he knows what he is doing. Carter Hart is gonna help, and maybe the Swede goalie also. If this team REALLY sucked and got into the top 5 this year, we will get a star....patience. 

You're right...I shouldn't try to drag anyone down.  Everyone has something that makes them happy I guess.  I'm just not into it.  Maybe because I've seen it many times before?  I was going to find old posts about how good Konecny looks, or how good Laughton looks, or how sanheim is the best of the bunch, but then I just went onto something else.

Just like the Hextall sucks is getting old, so is the patience shtick.  Any team gets better eventually...that means nothing to me.  Teams get better just by dumb luck.

8 hours ago, icehole said:

Maybe because I've seen it many times before? 

I get it.

It's hard.

Then you have to watch guys the Flyer passed on Bob in net for the Jackets win it...

...after another guy the Flyers passed on win the game after he scores both goals...in Oliver Bjorkstrand....they rather take a goon.

I still think Goulbourne had some upside to him and can be a very valuablefourth line player. He's a terrific skater and he was I've if the best penalty killers in the WHL when he played in Kelowna. When they (Scott Gordon) let him play, he can really play. It's when they want him to fight that they waste him. Yes it's a kick in the rocks they passed on Bjorkstrand and I fault previous administration for that. However, there's just something about Goulbourne that I really like and want to seer him succeed. Maybe it's the fact he isn't the biggest guy on the ice, but he plays hard and doesn't use size an excuse to not check or go into the corners. 

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I still think Goulbourne had some upside to him and can be a very valuablefourth line player. He's a terrific skater and he was I've if the best penalty killers in the WHL when he played in Kelowna. When they (Scott Gordon) let him play, he can really play. It's when they want him to fight that they waste him. Yes it's a kick in the rocks they passed on Bjorkstrand and I fault previous administration for that. However, there's just something about Goulbourne that I really like and want to seer him succeed. Maybe it's the fact he isn't the biggest guy on the ice, but he plays hard and doesn't use size an excuse to not check or go into the corners. 

But it wasn't worth passing on LW like Bjorkstrand or Duclair though. Flyers needed a LW not another goon like forward.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I get it.

It's hard.

Then you have to watch guys the Flyer passed on Bob in net for the Jackets win it...

...after another guy the Flyers passed on win the game after he scores both goals...in Oliver Bjorkstrand....they rather take a goon.

Not sure exactly what you're getting at here.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

You'll figure it out. I have faith in you.

I'm guessing you think that because I don't like what Hextall has done, I think Holmgren did everything right?  If so, that's not true.

Holmgren made mistakes in his 6 or 7 seasons, and I'm damn sure Hextall has made his mistakes in his first 3 seasons.  If or when Hextall's team gets good (would have to win a cup), I'll give him credit.  As of 1/3/2018 7:52am, Holmgren had a lot more success than Hextall.  Yet Hextall is a God around here. 

I say that because I don't ever see anyone criticizing his draft picks.  Surely, they can't all be good...can they?  If we haven't seen them yet, we're super excited about what they are doing at lower levels.  When we do see them and they don't impress, we say it's too early.  When a guy underachieves for 6 years, we say he is only 24 and his defensive game is second to none.  When we get the 2nd best defenseman of the 2015 draft, we say the only player we would take over him is Connor mcdavid. 

Yet, the team continues to be mediocre.  I remember when the flyers were a top team in the east during Holmgrens tenure.  Maybe he didnt do a great job but he got it done somehow.

As for goons, why would the back to back cup winners pick up Reaves?  I guess they don't have a clue right?  And it's so fitting that he scores against the flyers.

You bring up Columbus.  I like what they're doing.  They seem to have a good combination of drafting well, picking up important FAs, making good trades, and hiring a coach that can get his players to play well, as well as working the refs.  Can we have that as our GM?  Can we hold Hextall to that standard instead of always comparing him to a guy that was a GM years ago?

Archived