What a Maroon (poll)

yave1964

Should maroon be suspended for his hit  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should Maroon face suspension for his hit on Doughty?

• Yes, absolutely, cheap play
    • No, the on ice call was enough and got it right
    • No, unintentional pace of the game hit

Last nights game between Edmonton and the Kings, Drew Doughty was met coming around the net by a flying elbow to the jaw from Patrick Maroon who then 

got into a pretty good fight with Forbort of the Kings who took exception to the hit. On top of five for fighting Marron received a game misconduct for the hit to Doughty's jaw. He is to receive a hearing from the department of player safety.

A couple of thoughts, the puck was past Doughty but not that far past him, Doughty was skating bent over watching the puck and two other players, one from each team were impeding progress a bit. I have watched it half a dozen times or more, I really don't know, I could see a case for suspension, I could see a case for it was just a weird play where a bunch of stuff caused it to happen. 

One thing tho, if you listen carefully even over the crowd and the skates and the game noise, you can hear the sound of the hit to Doughty's jaw when it occurred. Absolutely a devastating hit if you think it was dirty or clean that is your choice but it sounded like a car hitting a wall.

Watching the game last night, as an Oilers fan, I thought it was a cheapshot. Maroon plays with a lot of emotion, but he can definitely get carried away sometimes, and this isn't the first time it hurt the team. Last night's game was close and competitive until the major penalty, and the Oilers absolutely abysmal PK was on full display, giving up 3 goals.

It could bring a tear to a glass eye.

Who are the 2 posters who think that was "unintentional"?!?!  

Regardless of whether or not it is a head shot (looks like one of those often-terrible glancing blows) it is so obviously sneaky-from-behind/blind spot. There is no way in hell Maroon does not realize that he is coming at Doughty blind. No way. 

Dirty, dirty play. 5 games. 

19 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Who are the 2 posters who think that was "unintentional"?!?!  

Regardless of whether or not it is a head shot (looks like one of those often-terrible glancing blows) it is so obviously sneaky-from-behind/blind spot. There is no way in hell Maroon does not realize that he is coming at Doughty blind. No way. 

Dirty, dirty play. 5 games. 

I have him in fantasy. I'm telling you it was unintentional. That's my story,  and I'm sticking with it. 

7 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Why?

Serious question.

Fair question!

Really deep rosters and playing slots but no "forward" or "utility" slots. And this league counts hits, which he's decent in.  He's not one of my top left wingers. I think I initially picked him up when Schwartz went down. He's stuck around because of the hits. 

The other league is very much a "production" league (and a keeper league) that doesn't count hits or blocks. I'd have no use for him there.  

Archived