Flyers recall Tyrell Goulbourne!!!

OccamsRazor

Flyers recall Tyrell Goulbourne from Phantoms

About time. Let's see what this kid can bring after Manning getting beat down it is time for some FIYA on the ice.

I want to see him display a reason why the passed on some key talent!!!

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-recall-tyrell-goulbourne-from-phantoms/

Hey maybe if they can't win some games they can beat some ass!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers recall Tyrell Goulbourne from Phantoms

Abou time. Let's see what this kid can bring after Manning getting beat down it is time for some FIYA on the ice.

I want to see him display a reason why the passed on some key talent!!!

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-recall-tyrell-goulbourne-from-phantoms/

Hey maybe if they can't win some games they can beat some ass!!!

Weren't you just trashing him earlier this morning?

5 minutes ago, icehole said:

Weren't you just trashing him earlier this morning?

No. I wasn't trashing him. Never did.

I said the Flyers passed up on some talented LW to draft him. And they did. 

So let's see what he can do you can add him to your hate list later. MMMmmmkay?

Actually, very happy to see this.  Been wanting to see this kid get a shot.  Maybe he can inject some life into this lineup and improve the PK.  Would like to see Lindblom next, please.  Please let this be the end of Lehtera and Weise.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Appleyard is tiresome with his analytics.  Meanwhile, this Mingioni guy actually tweets or re-tweets relevant analysis based on eye test.  If the information in the TonyAndrock tweet is accurate, Goulbourne has been doing everything in the AHL that they Flyers need to improve in the NHL.  Analytics be damned. 

Not really seeing the purpose of this other than seeing if the kid has the speed, checking, and enough defensive play at the big club to make a difference.  Otherwise it will be a minor league contract for him after the year.  I get it 3rd rounds are a crapshoot but the kid was  like 150th in central scouting.

Another take is a wake-up call, for the very reasons people have stated....it is management saying "a third rounder with possibly marginal skills is better than some you earning high six and seven figure salaries....Get up off your arses!"  

I just see him as a player who can be potentially more useful than a few players currently in the line up. From what I read, he can skate, play physical, fight, kill penalties and play a solid defensive game. That's more than what both Weise and Lehtera bring to the table.

Hopefully he can have some success and stay in the line up. Next, would be replacing Weal with Lindblom or someone else 

1 hour ago, sekkes85 said:

Not really seeing the purpose of this

This is why....

giphy.gif

...Flyers can't be done like this....this kid can get down....and i want to see the Flyers whip some ass when challenged!!!

Image result for tyrell goulbourne fight gifs

And Gordon has supposedly (guess we'll see) has turned him into a damn good PKer. Flyers need that. Bad. Play him!

And can do this...

Image result for tyrell goulbourne fight gifs

Flyers need some heart...maybe he provides a spark!

13 hours ago, Bertmega said:

Morin? Is he alive? 

I am so glad they are rebuilding to that coveted 1 spot. Maybe in 2-3 years, the Flyers will actually achieve the worst team in the league.

Way to go Hextall!

I have said it before and I will say it again.  I think the Flyers have soured on Sam.... just a hunch here but still think it is correct.

5 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I have said it before and I will say it again.  I think the Flyers have soured on Sam.... just a hunch here but still think it is correct.

Nah he has been hurt.

Tried to come back earlier for one game and the injury flared up again.

A groin can do that i wouldn't be surprised he needs surgery and is just trying to play through it.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nah he has been hurt.

Tried to come back earlier for one game and the injury flared up again.

A groin can do that i wouldn't be surprised he needs surgery and is just trying to play through it.

I know the injury has been an issue but still feel, if anything, they are being way too patient in bringing him up.  This Team needs a bit of muscle...  Ghoul will bring some grit for sure and some PK ability.  At this point I am willing to give anyone a look.   Even more when Lehtera or Weise sits...

I reality I much rather have Vecch, Martel or Lindy as the call up.

27 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I know the injury has been an issue but still feel, if anything, they are being way too patient in bringing him up.  This Team needs a bit of muscle...  Ghoul will bring some grit for sure and some PK ability.  At this point I am willing to give anyone a look.   Even more when Lehtera or Weise sits...

I reality I much rather have Vecch, Martel or Lindy as the call up.

Yeah i get it but man if he can't get on the ice for the Phantoms you can't expect him to get on the ice for the Flyers he has been out awhile...he came back early and may have hurt himself further.

Flyers have some tough guys on the roster....Manning, Laughton, Simmer, Weise and Gudas will all drop the gloves.

You'd have to ask THEM why they are playing so soft.

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah i get it but man if he can't get on the ice for the Phantoms you can't expect him to get on the ice for the Flyers he has been out awhile...he came back early and may have hurt himself further.

Flyers have some tough guys on the roster....Manning, Laughton, Simmer, Weise and Gudas will all drop the gloves.

You'd have to ask THEM why they are playing so soft.

Simmonds is likely on a no fight order what with his brand new mouth full of teeth.

Manning just got tuned up. Laughton is gun shy. And Weise is waiting for the team to be eliminated so he can start playing. I get the feeling Gudas is leashed.

Archived