Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
OccamsRazor

Flyers recall Tyrell Goulbourne!!!

Goulbourne has been recalled again. 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Edited by brelic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brelic said:

Goulbourne has been recalled again. 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Nicr means one less pylon will be in the lineup....

:horn:

Great news.  Hope to see more of him and less of Weise, Lehtera and Leier.  Try him on the PK.  Can't be worse than anyone else.  

Edited by vis
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Oh man.... a Ghoul and a Ghost on the same team...wearing orange n black no less!!   Wrong time of year for those guys, but hey, like the OP says....can't hurt right? 
      I really don't know anything about Tyrell Goulbourne other than what is on a stats sheet (and that he has a cool last name), but based on what I see on his stat sheet, a soon to be 24 yr old who hasn't produced a whole lot at the minor league level really shouldn't have anyone thinking he is some sort of 'rescuer' to the Flyers' season.   That said, one may then, understandably, ask, "Why bring him up?" From where I sit, calling up a guy like that may have a few upsides:   1-- He IS still 24, or will be a bit later this month. Maybe he is a late bloomer. Not like that hasn't happened before in the NHL. Philly's season is one where they likely do NOT make the playoffs and still have issues of all sorts up and down the lineup, despite having some nice pieces (albeit, still very young) on the roster. Can't hurt to bring up a guy who MAYBE is hungry enough to play his arse off and perhaps produce in the NHL in ways he never did in the AHL. Heck...even if he LUCKS into some production, the Flyers will take it at this point.   2-- As many have noted...this Flyer team is not particularly 'tough' to play against. Sure, there are a couple guys like Hagg the Hitter, Gudas the Decapitator, Weise the Slugging Slug, and Simmonds the Welterweight Boxing champion, but beyond those guys, not many Philly players play with the kind of sandpaper the team has long been noted for. I understand The Ghoul (his new nickname to go along with 'Ghost'  ), has that bit of sandpaper in him. Maybe it will rub off on some other players...again, can't hurt matters at this point.   3--- He can serve as a wake up call to some vets on the team.  "Hey, if you guys aren't gonna play with heart n soul out there, we will go so far as to call up guys who aren't as good as you, but certainly play with more passion!" That's the message I would get if I were a vet coasting along on the Flyers' roster.....   4--- The front office needs to know what kind of role players, grinders, and general blue collar guys they have in their system. Sure, every team wants top six or top pair D guys......and most of those are somewhat easier to define as they develop. But equally as important are the bottom six guys, the guys who do the dirty work with little glory. The guys who truly play with heart despite lacking the higher end skills of their top six counterparts.   Sometimes those guys aren't so easy to identify until you have seen them play for you at the NHL level. Well, The Ghoul will be given his chance, and the Flyers, not really playing for a post season spot, let alone a Cup right now, can afford to bring him up, and others like him, to see what they really have in that type of player down below.   It sure beats the heck out of continually signing guys like a Weise or Lehtera (yea, I know he was traded for in a deal having nothing to do with this...just making a point, so put down the "Yea, buts...") to fill needs as workmanlike players...when you could very well have them all along in your system. No better way to find out then to call two or three of them up  during a season where you likely are going nowhere to find out for future reference, right?   To give an example from my own TB Lightning... before the Bolts were fully loaded with the fast skaters, scorers, and workmanlike players on the bottom six and on the defense, they called up guys like Luke Witkowski, Mike Angelidis, JT Wyman, JT Brown, Mark Barberio, and Richard Panik. Guys who many of you may be sitting there going "Who??" Exactly. The Bolts needed to know who they had NOT named Kucherov, Palat, Johnson, etc, whom they could count on to fill other roles and needs. Obviously, many of those guys aren't with the team, but one (JT Brown) is. TB did this mainly on years where it looked like the playoffs were a long shot.....they just needed to know where they stood with role players to supplement the soon to be star players.   So don't be surprised if the Flyers make more moves similar to call ups like The Ghoul. Especially if the playoff chances become smaller and smaller.   I think most Flyers fans, whether they believe this now or not, should be glad Hextall is taking this kind of approach rather than the shoot-from-the-hip, throw it at the ceiling see if it sticks, impulsive, reckless style that his predecessor often took as a response to "improve" the team.   My take as an outsider to the fanbase anyways.
      Great post overall, TFG. Agree with all of your points.    If Homer were still GM, he’d have fired the coach and made at least one, if not two, significant trades involving some prospects or picks for established veterans.    While the temporary improvement in play might be exciting, we’ve all seen how that story ends. It’s not sustainable.   Basically, there are two ways to approach the Hextall regime. You can accept it or get upset by it.   Either way, it’s not changing and we have no control over that.   so...   Embrace The Ghoul! Lol
      Goulbourne only played around 6 minutes against the Blues, but he didn't look out of place and had that big hit on Pietrangelo that led to the Laughton goal. The kid did alright and if he continues playing a controlled aggressive game, he'll be a valuable teammate. I'm happy for him.
      No way! If I were Weise or Lehtera, and the Flyers are paying me millions to sit and enjoy some great NHL action from the awesome vantage point of the pressbox, I'd NEVER walk away! 
      Morin? Is he alive?    I am so glad they are rebuilding to that coveted 1 spot. Maybe in 2-3 years, the Flyers will actually achieve the worst team in the league.   Way to go Hextall!

About HF.net

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free