Fredrik Anderson fined for diving

Fanboy

Frederik Andersen was warned about diving after the Nov. 24 game in Carolina. His $2,000 fine stems from this play in Vegas on New Year's Eve:

NICE TRY, LOOKING TO DRAW A TRIPPING PENALTY BECAUSE YOU CAN’T BEAT THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS ANY OTHER WAY

LEAFS SUCK!!!

I see nothing but a sentence in all unnecessary CAPS, with nothing pointing out diving...no videos, links, nothing.

@Fanboy

Please fix this to make this thread relevant.

I tend to do away with irrelevant, inane threads. Don't let this be one of them.

If you don't know how to post a link, video (youtube videos are extremely hf.net friendly), then ask for some help.

No shame in admitting you don't know how to do something and need help.

That is what people like me are here for.

Cmon now...get with it, please.

38 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I see nothing but a sentence in all unnecessary CAPS, with nothing pointing out diving...no videos, links, nothing.

@Fanboy

Please fix this to make this thread relevant.

I tend to do away with irrelevant, inane threads. Don't let this be one of them.

If you don't know how to post a link, video (youtube videos are extremely hf.net friendly), then ask for some help.

No shame in admitting you don't know how to do something and need help.

That is what people like me are here for.

Cmon now...get with it, please.

The info is from Twitter Sports columnist

The caps lettering is my opinion

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

The info is from Twitter Sports columnist

The caps lettering is my opinion

That's great.

But there must be some links and such leading to a twitter post of some sort right?

You understand why I am asking about this?

Otherwise, anyone can come on here, say "Erik Haula was a dog on the Wild and why he was allowed to get picked up by Vegas...and now he is playing well only because the rest of the team is, and he fooled management into paying him a nice contract too", then proceed to say, 'WHAT A WASTE OF A CONTRACT" as an opinion....without so much as ever showing a shred of evidence of any kind to back up such a potentially inflammatory 'opinion'.

You see what I am getting at?

So again, I say to you, if you need help in that area, PM me or another mod if you prefer, and we can help with that....otherwise, 'facts' without substance followed by opinions based on those same alleged facts an irrelevant thread they make.

Some quality is all we are asking for.

My guess is this is the play he was sent a warning for and I believe that warning was justified here.  I'm not sure why Anderson wasn't fined 2 min for interference on this play.

Thank you @hf101 

See that, @Fanboy ?

Easily done.

Some quality.

Proof, in this case gifs, followed by an opinion.

Should serve as a nice template for ya.

Ok, now...maybe an actual discussion can come of this now....

The play that Andersen was warned for?

Honestly looked like incidental contact, one which Andersen may have lost his footing.

He WAS out of the crease, so you can blame the skater who is just trying to establish position around the net without necessarily going into the goalie crease.

IMO, no warning should have even been given on that, much less a penalty......UNLESS, Andersen tried griping to the ref about it.

If that were the case, then yea, Andersen was trying to draw a penalty, which deserves the warning he got. Otherwise, it was just incidental contact outside the crease, play moved on, no harm, no foul.

As for the play against the Knights, well, the Knights player did make skate to skate contact with Andersen, and that could have easily caused him to lose his balance.

Again, unless Andersen used this as a basis for a complaint to the ref, I don't see why the officials would need to get involved here.

As was mentioned, nothing was disrupted and no penalties were called.

That said, even if the Knights player did make hard enough contact with Andersen's skate, would I put it past him (or any other goalie for that matter) to try and sell it a little bit? Absolutely not.

Goalies, just like every other player on the ice, are ALWAYS looking to get an edge (no pun intended...hehe) whenever they can and will try using the rules (especially those that favor goalies) to their extreme advantage whenever they can get away with it.

Not saying that's what Andersen did, but just saying I wouldn't put it past him.

Ben Bishop, when he played for TB, was known to 'fluff' up certain contact plays to try and give his team an edge and put doubt in the mind of the opposing skaters...or at the very least piss them off enough to do something stupid.

Goalie version of an agitator.

I am sure other examples from hockey seasons past can be summoned up by long time NHL fans.

Either way, I don't think it had anything to do with the Leafs not believing they couldn't beat the Knights "any other way", but more to do with gamesmanship.....or maybe the Knights player really did bump Andersen hard enough on the skates for him to lose his balance and it is just that simple.

You think MAF wouldn't do the same if it came down to it and he felt his team needed some sort of edge without him being blatant about it?

I think he would....

57 minutes ago, hf101 said:

With regards to the topic.  I really not sure I'm sold on a need for a fine.  No Penalty was called and it didn't disrupt the play.

Wow.

Yeah not sure that deserves a fine.

Dude comes in and hits the back of his skate pretty hard....can't say i can clearly say it was a dive at all.

Anderson is famous for his dives, he is currently under review by the league on his latest dive against Tampa Bay last Tuesday.  Should he be fined again the fine amount goes up to $5000.  The opposing teams file complaints with the league on these types of calls, therefore The Golden Knights have filed a complaint and so have the Tampa Bay Lightning

Anderson is a diver and embellisher!!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-goalie-frederik-andersen-fined-2k-embellishment/

29 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Anderson is famous for his dives, he is currently under review by the league on his latest dive against Tampa Bay last Tuesday.  Should he be fined again the fine amount goes up to $5000.  The opposing teams file complaints with the league on these types of calls, therefore The Golden Knights have filed a complaint and so have the Tampa Bay Lightning

Anderson is a diver and embellisher!!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-goalie-frederik-andersen-fined-2k-embellishment/

Much, much better.

Links, formulated opinion.

There ya go.

I will hold you to this higher standard now. ;)

Carry on.

Archived