For your consideration

yave1964

More or less hitting the midseason, here are my picks for the best of the best;

CALDER TROPHY (leagues top rookie)

Lots of good ones, Clayton Keller is having a nice season, Mathew Barzal is proving that he was worth the wait for the Isles and Mikhael Sergachev is killing it on the Bolts blueline justifying the Drouin deal but IMHO this is a no brainer:

BROCK Image result for brock boeserBOESER leads al rookies with 40 points in 39 games on a bad team, he has 22 goals, the next closest rookie is a tie between Keller and Yanni Gourde at 14. He has captured the hearts and minds of Canuck fans and IMHO is a runaway.

VEZINA TROPHY

With apologies to Connor Hellebuyck and Braden Holtby who are having damn fine seasons this is a mortalImage result for andrei vasilevskiy lock, Andrei Vasilevskiy is simply killing it. He is sitting at a league best 26-6 with an insane .935 save pct and a goals against of only 2.04. He has justified Yzermans dealing away Bishop.

JACK ADAMS AWARD The honor of the leagues top coach could easily go to Cooper in Tampa or to Jon Hynes who has done a brilliant job in New Jersey, or even Jared Bednar who amazingly has the Avalanche sniffing the perimeter of the playoffs but to me it can only be Gerard Gallant Image result for gerard gallant knights benchwho has taken the expansion Knights and has them right there with anyone in the West playing hardevery single night and has them in contention. They are going to obliterate all records for points by an expansion team and he is a massive part of the reason why.

HART TROPHY The leagues MVP is usually given to a forward who leads the league in scoring or in goals or who captures the imagination with his overall play, Nikita Kucherov has Image result for nikita kucherov  done all of the above all season long and deserves serious consideration MacKinnon, Giroux and Tavares have all picked up their games and are carrying their teams in a playoff push but to me I have to give it to Vasilevskiy who would become only the second goalie to win the award in the past 14 seasons. He has been beyond brilliant, IMHO at this moment, through the first half of the season he is not only the games best goalie but the games best player.

NORRIS TROPHY Kind of a strange year as scoring is up but the top scoring d-man, Klingberg is only 33rd in the league in points, he deserves consideration as do Hedman in Tampa and Pietrangelo is St. Louis but to me it has to go to DreImage result for drew doughtyw Doughty who has carried the Kings and found another gear leading blueliners with a plus 21 and may be the best 5 on 5 player at any position in the game.

Those are the big ones. Any thoughts?

Each time I've seen Brock Boesler I've been like, where the hell did he come from?

He has a Crosby/Malkin feel to him,  whenever he's around the puck you think he's going to score and he's always around the puck. in my limited viewing he's a really good player.  I'm surprised you didn't mention the kid from Columbus,  PL Dubois, he has looked very "real deal-ie" to me in limited viewing as well, big, confident, strong...very good to great hands. 

The whole Las Vegas Knights story has been very "good", Gerard is a good pick for a coaching award.

8 hours ago, MadDevil said:

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I think Taylor Hall deserves some Hart consideration.

This website does not discriminate if you are a homer or not, it has a don't ask don't tell policy.....:VeryCool:

9 hours ago, MadDevil said:

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I think Taylor Hall deserves some Hart consideration.

I think you are right on deserving some consideration as his numbers are close to Couturier's, but there are several good choices at this point in the season too for the Hart Memorial Trophy.  

Hall Couturier
Goals 17 26
Assists 30 20
Points 47 46
+/- 3 14
PPG 5 6
PPA 11 3
SHP 0 0
GWG 3 5
Hits 47 46
Blocks 25 24
FOW 56 299