Sam Morin Injury

King Knut

21 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Has anyone heard any actual information regarding this injury?

It seems to be some great mystery for some reason.  

And he may more than likely need offseason surgery ala Ghost and Giroux.

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And he may more than likely need offseason surgery a'la Ghost and Giroux.

That's what I was afraid of.  Really crappy luck for this kid.  Should be on the Flyers now.  

What a tough call to balance out... get him the surgery now to begin his recovery (will it take a full year like it did for them?) or get him back and skating in game play again to progress his development and hope he can keep up in the fall?  Ugh.  

Seeing what essentially seemed like the same slow recovery in Giroux, Ghost and probably now Patrick... I almost want them to pull him and get him the surgery now if they already know he'll need it.  

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

That's what I was afraid of.  Really crappy luck for this kid.  Should be on the Flyers now.  

What a tough call to balance out... get him the surgery now to begin his recovery (will it take a full year like it did for them?) or get him back and skating in game play again to progress his development and hope he can keep up in the fall?  Ugh.  

Seeing what essentially seemed like the same slow recovery in Giroux, Ghost and probably now Patrick... I almost want them to pull him and get him the surgery now if they already know he'll need it.  

Well for those two playing in that stupid World Cup before the season instead of resting or slowly ramping it is what derailed them.

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well for those two playing in that stupid World Cup before the season instead of resting or slowly ramping it is what derailed them.

I totally agree... that was dumb and that's really on the NHL for pressuring the teams and the players to participate (I mean they essentially invented countries to have more NHL players involved)  but reports from others who'd had that surgery were that it took 12-18 months before they felt like themselves 100% anyway.

I'm sure Giroux getting plastered didn't help his recovery, but I get the general impression that last season would have been of for him anyway.  Ghost too.  

22 hours ago, brelic said:

Sam Morin expected to be in the lineup tonight for LHV. 

That's great news.

He didn't play last night maybe he plays today.

I would like to see him called up once he returns to form and maybe swap him out for Sanheim.

No matter what i think he will be a Flyer next year.

And he will be exempt from waivers next year as well.

Archived