All first half bust team

yave1964

I wrote up  list of my picks for the first half award winners earlier, here I present my first half al bust team.

WINGERS  Corey Perry and RickImage result for corey perry rick nash Nash. Perry is in and out of theImage result for corey perry rick nash lineup and in 32 games has managed a measly 6 goals as the end is clearly closer than the beginning for his career. As for Nash he remains in the lineup nightly but is on pace for 34 points and is currently on a ten game pointless streak. Pointless describes the reason for Nash still playing top six minutes.

Honorable mention: Alex Galchenyuk, Jaromir Jagr, Nick Foligno and Brock Nelson

CENTER Jonathan Drouin Who could have Image result for jonathan drouinpredicted that Drouin would fail in a full time move to the middle in the fishbowl that is Montreal? Well apparently everyone save for GM Bergeron who overpaid for him and then promptly overpaid him to boot.

honorable mention Jeff Carter, Matt Duchene and Joe Pavelski

DEFENSE OliverImage result for oliver ekman larsson Ekman Larsson as the games biggest bust this year. Once upon a time he was a power play God and thought to be a future superstar on the back end, now he is minus 34 thru 43 games and if he continues that pace will finish -65 or so for one of the all time worst such records. Looks disinterested and rumors are the 'Yotes are whispering about dealing him.

Second defense would be a tie betweenImage result for brent burns erik karlsson Brent Burn and Erik Karlsson a Norris winner and a runner up from a year ago both looked lost at times this year although they seem to have found their game lately.

Honorable mention Risto Ristolainen has been awful bordering on dreadful. Justin Faulk, Justin Schultz Dustin Byfuglien

GOALIE Cam Image result for cam talbot beach ballTalbot. No team has fallen to Earth faster and harder than the Oilers and Talbot deserves much of the blame as his goals against is climbing it appears he has lost confidence and the team is losing confidence in him. 

honorable mention Career backups Darling and Raanta proved that they were better suited to that role and the teams that signed them now are stuck. Luongo, Matt Murray cannot stay healthy. Carey Price, Crag Anderson Thomas Greiss and John Gibson have all had various levels of ineptitude this year.

• 1 month later...

If you're talking Jeff Carter from the :kings: methinks he 

doesn't belong in consideration for such a team given 

he was dealt a serious injury from which he's still recovering. 

He's only a bust because he got busted. 

I hope he makes it back with a lot of games 

left in the regular season. The Kings could 

always really use him. An all-star player 

cut down right after a franchise-record start 

to the season. 

I don't know that they even make the

playoffs without him. I'm almost certain they 

don't take a third Cup unless he's back 100% 

come playoff time.  

6 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

If you're talking Jeff Carter from the :kings: methinks he 

doesn't belong in consideration for such a team given 

he was dealt a serious injury from which he's still recovering. 

Yeah, I think including Jeff Carter in this list is kind of rough.  If not cruel.

The rest is pretty accurate.   Raanta would be incredible on a hockey team, I think.   His numbers are good, actually.    It's just he has a dreadful team in front of him.   Switch him and Dubnyk and I bet you the Wild have a much better record and Arizona is still horrible.

Kadri had a stretch of 19 games where he only had a single point in the 2nd quarter. His first quarter was still good.

But Babcock wised up and finally decided to give Marner some time with him(Why was Marner stuck on the 4th line so much this year??)

Now he had 4 goals and 7 assists in his last 10 games. Thank you Babcock:)

I managed to sell high on Kadri earlier this year in NAHANA and then buy low on him to get him back lol

Archived