Game 45: Leafs at Flyers, 1/18/18 @ 7

Howie58

Greetings:

The odds makers have us as favorites.  The only thing I see is that the Leafs are not very good playing us at Wells Fargo:

http://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/toronto-philadelphia-odds-january-18-2018-868229

After the debacle at MSG, I'd hope the Flyers come out with energy.  Here is another preview:

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/1-18-2018/toronto-maple-leafs-vs-philadelphia-flyers-expert-prediction-9084/

If we see Elliott again, note his GAA is approach 3. Lifetime against the Leafs, he is about 2.6 and basically .500.  I see us winning if we can keep their offense in check.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heads up....they were saying on the radio this morning that the 'ceremony' will be about an hour and that the game won't start until 8.  For those of us local, I don't know if that means that they'll televise it......

#88 Goes into the rafters tonight. My favorite Flyer of all time. He made this southern boy fall in love with the sport from the north.

This is a must win. 

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny 
12 Michael Raffl - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
15 Jori Lehterä - 21 Scott Laughton - 20 Taylor Leier

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
47 Andrew MacDonald -3 Robert Hägg
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

30 Michal Neuvirth
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: 6 Travis Sanheim (healthy), 56 Tyrell Goulbourne (healthy), 22 Dale Weise (healthy).

MAPLE LEAFS

11 Zach Hyman - 34 Auston Matthews - 29 William Nylander
25 James van Riemsdyk - 42 Tyler Bozak - 16 Mitch Marner
12 Patrick Marleau - 43 Nazem Kadri - 47 Leo Komarov
15 Matt Martin - 33 Frederik Gauthier - 28 Connor Brown

44 Morgan Rielly - 2 Ron Hainsey
51 Jake Gardiner - 8 Connor Carrick 
23 Travis Dermott - 46 Roman Polak

31 Frederik Andersen
[35 Curtis McElhinney]

Scratches: 20 Dominic Moore (healthy), 32 Josh Leivo (healthy), 22 Nikita Zaitsev (IR, lower-body injury), 26 Nikita Soshnikov (IR, lower-body injury), 19 Joffrey Lupul (LTIR). 

I would love to see Goulbourne in the lineup on the 4th instead Lehtera. Kid has to have a bigger upside than Jori. Play the kid. WTF!

“I didn’t have ‘em tonight,” Elliott said after Tuesday’s loss. “I gotta go back to work and try to feel good about my game. I mean, that’s not where I wanted to be tonight. I thought I didn’t really give us a chance to win. I’ve got to own a lot of that.”

At least he admitted it. He hasn't had it for awhile. Can't blame him as much as i blame his damn coach playing him into the ground.

However giving up 5 goals on 21 shots and he can't play like that and they expect to really push for the playoffs.

They still have 19 of their 29 division games left to play with 2 games in hand on the Isles and 3 on the Pens.

They have to get back to winning.

And it will go a long way to have a wall in net to hep eliminate the mistakes this young group are bound to make.

And Hak has to get back to riding the hot hand in net and knowing when to rest the goalie. He has too.

So once again tonight another team enters on a 3 game losing streak....Flyers better come out and play with some jump.

They need Hyde to show for the Big E retirement game. So some hustle and grit and some want it more than the other team.

If it's sit the kid or play him i chose to play him.

After watching Manning makes some of the mistake he has made and if they are going to lose the damn game might as well get Travis some experience...sure there is a risk he could play bad and further ruin his confidence but not sure how ore it can hurt he by knowing he can't play and has to make popcorn nightly.

The Flyers always seem to play like shite after these ceremonial occasions so I am looking at a 4-2 loss this evening.  

Love the Big E and thankful he is getting the recognition he is getting these days from the Flyers.   He was an absolute beast on the ice and was incredible to watch.   He deserves all of the accolades...

The legion of doom is why I'm a flyers fan! I bet a lot of us "non-Philly folk" in our late 30's-early40's are in the same boat. I grew up in MA and watched the Bruins growing up. Still like and respect that franchise, but I'm a flyers fan now cause I dropped the BORING and HORRIBLE Bruins of the 90's for the ELECTRIC and Dominating play of the "legion of doom" line. And Big E, was star #1! I've been hooked on the Flyers ever since!.....

Good for Eric! I hope they air the ceremony "out of market" for us watching on Center Ice!

Go Flyers!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So they are listening.....sort of....but Leier to sit instead of Lehtera is crazy. At least Leier brings some speed and has some chemistry with Laughton.

DT0xqtNW4AArZ-U.jpg

How much does the coaching staff weigh? And how tall are they? Inquiring minds want to know

1 hour ago, Bertmega said:

How much does the coaching staff weigh? And how tall are they? Inquiring minds want to know

I know but have been paid to only inform Eklund.

Sorry. You have to pay to play.

:haha:

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

DT0xqtNW4AArZ-U.jpg

Check out the flow on Craig Culos!

Interesting that Lindros wasn't a huge kid judging by the heights and weights of the other players.  A little funny he played defense, but he was probably a greater skater.

That's gotta be former NHLer Grant Marshall.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

#88 Goes into the rafters tonight. My favorite Flyer of all time.

Same, despite all the off ice drama.  Lucked into tickets for this one.

5 minutes ago, vis said:

Interesting that Lindros wasn't a huge kid judging by the heights and weights of the other players.  

Maybe had a late growth spurt. Carson Wentz has a late growth spurt as well.

Wentz couldn't get any division one schools to give him a scholarship is why he ended up at North Dakota St.

He was 5-8 his freshman year of college and grew to 6-5 by his junior year that is crazy.

It happens.

Archived