Ghost/Provocop

flyercanuck

Is it just me, or does having Gostisbehere playing with Provorov and vice-versa make it look like we actually have a real top pairing defence duo....and a damn good one at that?

They're still really young and prone to the odd mistake, but they also both possess good hockey sense and seem to already know what the other guy is thinking. Seeing Provorov in front of the net for his goal was hilarious...he's usually the wise defender. But Ghost (who we all know is a joy to watch offensively) just keeps getting better without the puck. And that's letting Ivan do more offensively.

I always pictured Ghost as a 2nd pairing guy at best, and maybe he does end up there once Myers/Sanheim/Morin finish developing. But if he does, it's more like a 2a/2b/2c scenario than him being a 3/4. And right now...boy...are they fun to watch!

I really like that pairing. The problem to me, is that the other pairings are really sub-par when you stack those two. 

Watching Ghost plant Palmieri on his backside was hilarious.

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

we actually have a real top pairing defence duo.

18 goals ( 10 5 on 5 ) and 56 points in 46 games (and Ghost has only played in 41) . That looks pretty good to me.

Not sure how that stacks up against the others around the league.

The rest of the blueline has 7 goals and 26 points.

I had just posted this earlier in the Caps game thread for tomorrow but here is a good place to repeat it.

18 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Is it just me, or does having Gostisbehere playing with Provorov and vice-versa make it look like we actually have a real top pairing defence duo....and a damn good one at that?

:cheers:

And they keep forcing Manning in the lineup.

Let Sanheim learn on the job if you ain't going to send him down.

Pisses me off.

57 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Playing 23 & 47 while sitting Sanheim is a BIG mistake going forward IMHO. How much ink has been wasted saying this. 

I just don't understand it. He doesn't have to go through waivers.

Obviously the brain trust thinks he is better off in the box up high than playing in LV.

#headscratcher

:cheers:

12 minutes ago, brelic said:

With Morin out again, it might make sense to send him back. 

They actually have enough guys down there. But it depends on if Willcox is going to miss some games.

They have 

Alt

Myers

Friedman

Brennan

O'neil

Willcox

That is six bodies so they could just call up Lamarche or De Haas.

34 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If anyone on the team deserves a max contract it's this kid....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And his partner makes a great spinning deflection...

giphy.gif

I only ever watch the Caps when they're playing us. For reasons I don't understand, I always find myself somewhat surprised at how good Ovechkin actually is. I think it's easy to overlook how elite his skill set is, and to just think he can score goals. 

Archived