Jackets clear roster spot deal Ramage to Coyotes

yave1964

John Ramage has made a nice living as a rugged AHL36827340224_7a87e8b1cb_o.0.jpg defensemen in the Flames and the Jackets organization, a hard shot but slow as death Rob Ramage son is 26 and has appeared in 2 NHL games and that is probably gonna be about it. Today he was dealt to the Coyotes who are assigning him to Tuscon in the AHL.

The reason for the move is simple the Jackets freed up one of their fifty roster spots and the rumor mill is swirling around Central Ohio that the move was made ahead of a real move to add a piece. A big one in a couple of fan sites is Evander Kane coming to Columbus within the next few days, with the moveout of Ramage being done to make room in the organization. Slow day, probably just a bunch of BS but ya never know.....

Update:

The Jackets made their big deal, they traded for .... wait for it....

Jeff Zatfoff from the Kings organization. Really.

The Monsters are dead last in their division and goaltending has been the biggest culprit and Zatkoff was squeezed out of the KINGS AHL roster, so I guess that is that. So much for Evander Kane, at least for today.

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

My money is Kane ending up Pittsburgh. 

When Kane was dealt the last time it was between two teams who were out of the race, my bet is it happens again, my dark horse trade has Kane to the Canucks (who have been trying to add him for two years or more) for Tanev and it wouldn't surprise me if Vanek is part of the deal too, coming home to Buffalo in the deal. 

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

When Kane was dealt the last time it was between two teams who were out of the race, my bet is it happens again, my dark horse trade has Kane to the Canucks (who have been trying to add him for two years or more) for Tanev and it wouldn't surprise me if Vanek is part of the deal too, coming home to Buffalo in the deal. 

Maybe.  I think they (Buffalo) will go for  younger assets, and Vanek, in particular is old. The hybrid thing Buffalo is attempting is having ugly results.   

Pittsburgh still needs a scoring winger.   They have other needs I would address (another defenseman), but I wouldn't put it past them to do both.   

The biggest problem with this is cap space and where it would come from unless any one of Letang, Shultz, Hagelin, or Hornqvist is moved.  So, maybe that's why the Tanev guess.

I just would not be surprised to see Pittsburgh.

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Maybe.  I think they (Buffalo) will go for  younger assets, and Vanek, in particular is old. The hybrid thing Buffalo is attempting is having ugly results.   

Pittsburgh still needs a scoring winger.   They have other needs I would address (another defenseman), but I wouldn't put it past them to do both.   

The biggest problem with this is cap space and where it would come from unless any one of Letang, Shultz, Hagelin, or Hornqvist is moved.  So, maybe that's why the Tanev guess.

just would not be surprised to see Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh needs a 3C and another D more than anything, losing Daley, Hainsey and especially Bonino in the offseason hurt their depth and none have been adequately replaced. Not saying Kane doesn't end up there but IMHO a scoring winger is third on their list of needs. 

Archived