Where are the Fire Hakstol chants now?

hf101

Where are the Fire Hakstol chants now?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still want a different coach at the end of the Season?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get why folks are saying fire Hak....i do.

Can't even defend it anymore but if they do please....clean house take everyone.

The PP sucks the PK and the defenseman i can't really say they have shown growth they wouldn't already have on their own due to their skill levels (Ivan, Ghost and Hagg) but to continue to put Mcturd and Manning out there.....it's all i need to see fire them all if you do it.

Start fresh. Let that new guy select his own staff.

Now with that said i think Ron let's Hak stay he whole contract.....he is stubborn for change just look how long he kept Travis up and yet he didn't even play should have been sent back long before he did.

Let's face it Ron is a stubborn motherf**ker!!!!!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Now with that said i think Ron let's Hak stay he whole contract

I think he will too, and he may be right in doing so. There's something to be said for stability for one thing. Our history is marred with a coaching carrousel, and we have rather few cups to show for it. This year's iteration has been a pleasant surprise in many ways, and I'm sure Hakstol is part of the reason for that.

I'll be clear here, I'm not saying I like him as a head coach. I do think he's a good systems guy, but I would have much preferred he be brought in as an assistant for at least a while before being given the reins. I feel like that would have been a better plan given his strengths and weaknesses at this point.

As far as the rest of the coaching staff goes, I agree 100%. I have no idea why they were kept on when Haks came in. Sure, we could say it was a matter of balancing Hakstol's inexperience with some folks who already knew the ropes, but the ropes were awful. I fail to understand why we held on to coaching staff that had already proven to be ineffective. 

That said, I'm not an NHL GM. What do I know?

As far as firing Hakstol goes though, I honestly don't see the point right now. Fire his assistants maybe, and give him new blood and new ideas to work with. Many of his flaws from my seat have to do with in-game coaching ability, so get him an assistant who can shore up that apparent weakness. Let him learn from someone who does have that ability, while he continues to build on this year's success as far as systems play and teamwork are concerned.

5 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Fire his assistants maybe, and give him new blood and new ideas to work with.

Yes keep Hak i guess but Lappy must be shown the door sorry i loved him as a player but his PK has stunk since he has become a coach.

Not all great players can be a coach.

And while i'm at it i would just replace Gord Murphy too. I have seen no reason to keep him around.

I>>Nope, I hate the man and want him gone.

Well no, I don't hate him... but I'll go with the other part.

Well It's almost too late in the year to do it now, but I agree.  Clean house at the end of the year...

On 3/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Not all great players can be a coach

Did you just call Laperriere a "great" player?

Put your analyst on danger money, baby!

:hocky::DancingGrape:

Don't look now, but Jori Lehtera is passing the eye test, with me.

I reckon it took 3/4 of the season to find him the right linemates and playing circumstances, however !

He appears to be sustaining plays in the offensive zone and playing smart and "heavy" everywhere else.

I'm not going to be buying a 15 sweater anytime soon, but I have thought that he's been pretty good for our team the 3 or so weeks.  For a salary dump, he's been pretty meh to okay recently.

thoughts ?

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I reckon it took 3/4 of the season to find him the right linemates and playing circumstances, however !

He appears to be sustaining plays in the offensive zone and playing smart and "heavy" everywhere else.

I'm not going to be buying a 15 sweater anytime soon, but I have thought that he's been pretty good for our team the 3 or so weeks.  For a salary dump, he's been pretty meh to okay recently.

thoughts ?

Well, if I were a Flyers fan, I would look at it like this regarding Lehtera:

Whatever we can get out of the guy, consider it a bonus, and if he plays well in whatever role he is put in....then that is great too.

But he only has one more year after this one, and he has NEVER been a big producer at any point in his career.

He very well may be a serviceable bottom six forward, but I think, for a $4.7M cap hit, the Flyers could do better than 'serviceable'.

Revel in whatever he gives you now, because when he is 31,32 and his contract ends after next season, you can say "thank you sir, good luck in your future endeavors" and use that $4.7M cap space on MUCH better forwards, maybe give a raise to some deserving up n comers on your team already.

The Flyers still have a ways to go before they can safely say they are Cup ready...and one of the things they need to do is get rid of albatross contracts.....Lehtera, no matter how good he seems at the moment, IS one of those, and his contract needs to go and he will be replaced with a better player before Philly starts to seriously 'move up' and STAY up.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He very well may be a serviceable bottom six forward, but I think, for a $4.7M cap hit, the Flyers could do better than 'serviceable'.

I think of it this way.

Ron is paying 4.7 mill for a 4th liner and 2 1st round draft picks. Sounds better.

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

thoughts ?

I think he's been playing well for most of the season, hence the reason he is staying in the lineup.  He has only recently become more noticeable because he is starting to score.

@OccamsRazor

@TropicalFruitGirl26

I thought my post was text book "damning with faint praise".

Another observation of him, he appears to be a true pro, he is always ready when coach tells him he'll be in the lineup. He also seems to be well liked by his teammates. He just suffers from MacDonaledema  due to inflammation of the salary. 

21 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

@TropicalFruitGirl26

I thought my post was text book "damning with faint praise".

Another observation of him, he appears to be a true pro, he is always ready when coach tells him he'll be in the lineup. He also seems to be well liked by his teammates. He just suffers from MacDonaledema  due to inflammation of the salary. 

I agree he is what he is the only issue with him is his pay and lack of speed.

Wiese to me is the bigger issue of what to do with him.

I think the very least Lehtera can be moved next year at the deadline if say the Flyers agree to pay half his salary it makes him more attractive for a rental for a team where at the most he can play 3rd line LW/C.

We'll see next year.

• 4 weeks later...

I was never on the fire Hakstol bandwagon... and I'm still not.

*But* if a guy like Quenneville becomes available, or another Grade A NHL coach, I think Hextall has to make that move. 

Let's be clear - there are a lot of problems with this team, and coaching is one of them. He followed up our game-tying goal by putting out the 4th line. Granted, Provorov got caught on a bad pinch. But why follow up with our 4th line?

Anyway, all that to say that I would keep Hakstol unless and until a real game-changing coach is available. 

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

I was never on the fire Hakstol bandwagon... and I'm still not.

*But* if a guy like Quenneville becomes available, or another Grade A NHL coach, I think Hextall has to make that move. 

Let's be clear - there are a lot of problems with this team, and coaching is one of them. He followed up our game-tying goal by putting out the 4th line. Granted, Provorov got caught on a bad pinch. But why follow up with our 4th line?

Anyway, all that to say that I would keep Hakstol unless and until a real game-changing coach is available. 

I wasn't on it till last night.

After the sh it he pulled last night leaving Leaky Pete in to give up another weak goal and as you said to have Lehterrible out there for that last one...

...i guess Hak wanted to give Barzal a nice pylon to skate around before he scored. Lehterrible filled in nicley.

Some of his line combo and then choices are baffling at one point Manning had about 3 minutes more than Ghost. And had more than 4 minutes than Patrick before he scored the 1st of his two goals.

I get him wanting to lean on his vets buy the Isles speed should have dicated leaving in Laughton over Lehterrible.

Sure Joti is heavier but you can't hit what you can't catch see Barzal' last goal.

I'm done with the guy he has a long way to go to get me off that wagon now.

I've been patient over 3 years. Not anymore.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wasn't on it till last night.

After the sh it he pulled last night leaving Leaky Pete in to give up another weak goal and as you said to have Lehterrible out there for that last one...

Honestly, the goaltending is bad all around. We know Mrazek has terrible rebound control and is out of position a lot, but at the end of the day, there was maybe one bad goal last night. The others are team and defensive breakdowns and turnovers - again. The theme of the season. 

I don't know how realistic it is for Elliott to come back from core muscle surgery and play at a top level - and he was already mediocre to begin with. 

Lyon is shaky. Neuvirth is broken. 

Running out of options in goal. 

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

...i guess Hak wanted to give Barzal a nice pylon to skate around before he scored. Lehterrible filled in nicley.

Some of his line combo and then choices are baffling at one point Manning had about 3 minutes more than Ghost. And had more than 4 minutes than Patrick before he scored the 1st of his two goals.

I get him wanting to lean on his vets buy the Isles speed should have dicated leaving in Laughton over Lehterrible.

Sure Joti is heavier but you can't hit what you can't catch see Barzal' last goal.

I'm done with the guy he has a long way to go to get me off that wagon now.

I've been patient over 3 years. Not anymore.

I mean, the theory is that your bottom six guys should help with preserving a lead or calming the waters, but they do the opposite. 

Smart move to put Patrick up on PP1.

It's hard to get too upset after a 5-0-3 run. The thing is, with decent goaltending, we'd have clinched already. 

Even if we make the playoffs, I think Hextall needs to consider Quenneville, if only because the team seems to be further ahead than Hextall thought in terms of the young guys. TK and Patrick are playing like vets. So are Provy and Ghost. 

27 minutes ago, brelic said:

this is where I live.

changing to Knoblach or some other whiz junior coach isn't a step up from Hakstol, who isn't all bad. 

He just isn't all good either. If the Flyers can get Q that's a win and a clear upgrade. I'm not sure who else I think falls into that category.

Q has developed young guys in Chicago so it's not like bringing in Ken Hitchcock, who looks like he ate Ken Hitchcock...wtf with that guy ?

Anyway, if Q is available I agree the Flyers should try to recruit him to Philly, and hope he still has some ticks left on the give a **** meter.

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

this is where I live.

changing to Knoblach or some other whiz junior coach isn't a step up from Hakstol, who isn't all bad. 

He just isn't all good either. If the Flyers can get Q that's a win and a clear upgrade. I'm not sure who else I think falls into that category.

Q has developed young guys in Chicago so it's not like bringing in Ken Hitchcock, who looks like he ate Ken Hitchcock...wtf with that guy ?

Anyway, if Q is available I agree the Flyers should try to recruit him to Philly, and hope he still has some ticks left on the give a **** meter.

I'm thinking Quenneville will be available. Maybe Boucher out of Ottawa? McLellan? Vigneault? Maybe Trotz if the Caps are a one-and-done?

Out of those, I'd take Q and Trotz for sure. Don't know about the others. 

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

I'm thinking Quenneville will be available. Maybe Boucher out of Ottawa? McLellan? Vigneault? Maybe Trotz if the Caps are a one-and-done?

Out of those, I'd take Q and Trotz for sure. Don't know about the others. 

Of that group, I agree with Q and Trotz. I would pass on all others.

27 minutes ago, brelic said:

there was maybe one bad goal last night.

We lost by one.

And it's every night.  You cannot have a bad goal every damn night in this league.  It's too much to overcome.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

We lost by one.

And it's every night.  You cannot have a bad goal every damn night in this league.  It's too much to overcome.

Exactly. But all our goalies give up one bad goal per game. It's been a rare night when that DOESN'T happen, even rarer when our goalie flat out steals a game. 

29 minutes ago, brelic said:

if only because the team seems to be further ahead than Hextall thought in terms of the young guys. TK and Patrick are playing like vets. So are Provy and Ghost. 

Who is responsible for that?   TK and Provy are finishing their 2nd years and Patrick his first.  Ghost 2 1/2.  And they're playing like vets?  I agree.   But at what point does the coach get some credit for that?

Can he also do it with the plethora of kids still coming?  Personally, I think it's worthwhile to wait and see.      Maybe if the Blues had waited with Coach Q they'd have a couple of banners.    Quenneville will be 60 before next season starts.   He has some years left in him, of course, but I'd like to see this coach grow with his players and see what he does when he has more of the kids and some decent goaltending and less of the fat geriatrics and drunk goalies.

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

Exactly. But all our goalies give up one bad goal per game. It's been a rare night when that DOESN'T happen, even rarer when our goalie flat out steals a game. 

No argument there!

Archived