Alan Mitchel unloads both barrels on the Oilers

JR Ewing

Lowetide absolutely uncorked on the Edmonton Oilers this morning, fresh off of yet another terrible non-effort last night. I know that out-of-towners won't know that name, but he is a man with a quality that I highly prize in people: he is level-headed and takes a reasonable approach to things, and for the first time in the last 10 years, he's ready to turn a table over. While telling the story of a couple he knows who works hard, spends their summer vacation money on season tickets, and who drive 100 miles each direction, 41 nights per year, to watch the team not put in the work, he flipped out.

The best line: "I'm 5 seconds from smelling toast, that's how mad I am."

@JR Ewing

Thanks for that.

Why is the Oil PK so terrible? I mean, you watch the highlights and you think, what the hell is the plan there? Give them the choicest chances from the slot? Let them practice their one-timers?

"The elevator shaft" lol

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

@JR Ewing

Thanks for that.

Why is the Oil PK so terrible? I mean, you watch the highlights and you think, what the hell is the plan there? Give them the choicest chances from the slot? Let them practice their one-timers?

Check out the L-shaped design they're using.

Extremely passive PK which allows high-end cross-ice chances. At home, the PK is 54%.

54%...

I let that sink in for awhile while I ponder why I team that I love so much hates ME so much.

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Extremely passive PK which allows high-end cross-ice chances. At home, the PK is 54%.

54%...

I let that sink in for awhile while I ponder why I team that I love so much hates ME so much.

Who is the PK coach, and why is he still gainfully employed?

Wow .... Heck of a rant.  I too am surprised how fall they have fallen from last years playoff appearance. 

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

54%...

how the hell do you leave Radulov that much open space ....talk about scoring from the back door ....yikes

55 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Who is the PK coach, and why is he still gainfully employed?

That's Jim Johnson who, like every coach, has forgotten more about coaching hockey than I will ever know about it. That said...

That said, if something is clearly not working, then for Chrissake, STOP DOING IT! Coach McLellan talks to the media, and says that the players are continuing to work hard on the system, but if it's not good then working even harder on a bad system doesn't help. This is akin to people that say "I tried EVERYTHING!" when all they really did was the same thing over and over again.

These men aren't idiots, but they're putting the players in a position to fail, and that's pretty much the opposite of what good management should be about.

55 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Wow .... Heck of a rant.  I too am surprised how fall they have fallen from last years playoff appearance. 

how the hell do you leave Radulov that much open space ....talk about scoring from the back door ....yikes

That's the system. If they cut off the pass, then it's an easy clear. If they don't, then it's a 10-bell scoring chance. In this case, there wasn't a PKer within 10 feet of Radulov when the pass was made. This is a PK that makes opposing PP wingers look like Alexander Ovechkin.

Archived