Jeff Carter has separated shoulder!

Guest jkearse123

@doom88

I never got all the hate for the teams leading goal scorer. For years people wanted a guy who could effortlessly score, and Carter came in and did just that. He's no blue collar hero. He was paid accordingly. He was ok defensively. He was our best faceoff man. He could have been a much better player. So could Briere. So could Hartnell. So could Coburn. So could just about anyone else. But other than Avery, i don't wish injury on anyone.

@doom88

I never got all the hate for the teams leading goal scorer. For years people wanted a guy who could effortlessly score, and Carter came in and did just that. He's no blue collar hero. He was paid accordingly. He was ok defensively. He was our best faceoff man. He could have been a much better player. So could Briere. So could Hartnell. So could Coburn. So could just about anyone else. But other than Avery, i don't wish injury on anyone.

Good post. I was not a Carter fan by any stretch as I saw the flaws in his game such as corner work, shying away from contact, not going into high traffic areas to score goals, his shoot first and shooting percentage but I too would never wish injury on anyone (except Avery, preferably a Sheldon Souray slapshot to the groin area). Plus how can Flyer fans hate Carter when we received Jake and Couts in return>

So could just about anyone else.

You could definitely be better. At hating.

I thought you were on an excellent path toward #hating with your anti-Bryzgalov screeds, but, alas, you are showing your true softie colours.

@Podein25 -

screed 

 [skreed] Show IPA

noun

a long discourse or essay, especially a diatribe.

an informal letter, account, or other piece of writing.

Building Trades .

a.

a strip of plaster or wood applied to a surface to be plastered to serve as a guide for making a true surface.

b.

a wooden strip serving as a guide for making a true level surface on a concrete pavement or the like.

c.

a board or metal strip dragged across a freshly poured concrete slab to give it its proper level.

British Dialect . a fragment or shred, as of cloth.

Scot.

a.

a tear or rip, especially in cloth.

b.

a drinking bout.

verb (used with object), verb (used without object)

Scot. to tear, rip, or shred, as cloth.

Edited by JackStraw

Carter probably separated his shoulder when he tripped over his tampon string........and for the record, the hate he receives is because of his skills. Not because he doesn't have them but because he rarely plays like he is even slightly interested in the game. Just imagine how good Carter would be if he had Lappy's heart.......