Who do you think should go come trade deadline

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you call Andrew MacDonald ? :D

I disagree with trading Laughton, he's getting better and he's cheap, I like his game well enough to where I want to see him play to his potential for the Flyers and not another team.

I also don't think I would want to give up what it would take to bring a "difference maker" defenseman.

Lehtera isn't going anywhere, no one is going to want to pay his cap number for that player. He's here until his contract is up.

Manning does nothing for me, however, who's going to give up anything for him.

2 of the 3 guys you mentioned need to walk when their contracts are up.

13 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

Lehtera- go Laughton-go Manning- go  mac-go the thing is we won't get anything for any of them unless we dangle a draft pick or two 

Laughton? Why would you trade a guy who works his arse off every game? At under a million a year.

The only guy we can get a great return on is Simmonds. He is a consistent 30 goal scorer, he is great on the PP and he is one of rhe very few physical ,power right wings in the league. He has one year left after this season, he will be looking for a big raise and we can’t afford another huge contract to go with Voracek and Giroux. There are very few players in todays pussified NHL that play the way Simmonds does. We would have to get back a few top level young prospects and a first rounder. If someone would take McDonald,that would be great, but we would have to offer to pay half of his remaining contract for that to happen. We need to hope for some playoff teams to lose a defenseman to a long term injury and be desperate for help.

I think I'd try to trade Fillpula, he may have value to a team that is loading up for a title run.  His playmaking and strength on the puck would be valuable. I don't hate him at all but I also think there are many guys in the system that make him expendable.

I try to sign Simmonds I don't back the Comcast truck up to his doorstep but I don't get rid of him unless it's to Vegas or Vancouver far far far ****** away.  Dude's tougher than a $3 steak no way do i want to play against him 8 + times a year

I would trade the following if they can:

Lehtera

Weise

Read

Filppula

Manning

Gudas

Neuvy

Jake

Mcdud

If Ron can move anyone of these guys i would pull the trigger. If for nothing but even picks back....just to clear more space.

@OccamsRazor

how do you propose replacing Jake's scoring.

Everytime I see this I think it is foolish it doesn't matter who is saying it either.

the guy leads the team in scoring....leads. the. team. 

Unlike Schenn, his game does elevate those around him.

I know "but his contract"... so what ? 

If the "braintrust" trades Jake, it better be for Doughty, Laine, Hirschier, or some other like stud. 

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

how do you propose replacing Jake's scoring.

He has 10 goals.

So you have a few options. Aube- Kubel could start on the 3rd line.

Vecchione played RW in college.

Lindblom can play his off wing too.

I would start there. Maybe it could be a young guy who comes back in a trade for Jake. 

They have options. Sure none maybe as good as he is right off the bat. So it would take sometime to see.

I am so sick and tired of seeing these "trade Simmonds" posts / threads.

You find a way to keep him, you sign him to his contract, you trade some one else idc what scrub or scrubs you trade off. 

Even if you half to give away a few lower end picks to trade away the wasted cap space you find a way to keep Simmonds as well as Giroux and Vorachek

25 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

Yes but he has 50 assists so ughhh he is helping with the scoring BIG TIME.

Well the guys that would be allowed to pass too. So there is that.

They have guys to fill his spot i'm sure even if it is by committee to begin with.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I've already listed them in the post above.

Read it.

I don't see any list of who is supposed to take Voracek's place with assists.  And if they were on the team, they'd be doing it now.

Watch the Super Bowl, dammit. 

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I don't see any list of who is supposed to take Voracek's place with assists.  And if they were on the team, they'd be doing it now.

Watch the Super Bowl, dammit. 

Look at the original 10 goals quote.

I listed 3 guys.

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I listed 3 guys.

Missed that. But I thought you'd list good options. 

Sorry, I don't think anyone on that list replaces his production.  I'm with you on the sheer irritation with him that inspires the willingness to move him.  But at this point there's no realistic replacement. 

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I listed 3 guys.

So, which of those three guys is going to get 50 assists? Because if one of them isn't, it makes no sense to replace Voracek with them.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Missed that. But I thought you'd list good options. 

Sorry, I don't think anyone on that list replaces his production.  I'm with you on the sheer irritation with him that inspires the willingness to move him.  But at this point there's no realistic replacement. 

Those are good options.

They haven't had a chance to play in the NHL yet.

So if you are allowed think they can't surely i'm allowed to think they can.

Right? Or are we not allowed to be positive around here?

Archived