You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Pucked in the head

Who do you think should go come trade deadline

33 minutes ago, brelic said:

As I mentioned, it's a franchise altering move similar to bringing in Pronger. 

And we already have a cheaper, younger version of Karlsson on the roster 

2 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

They should bring in pronger to mentor or coach Instead of gord murphy! Murphy was mediocre at best when he played so that's probably all you'll get outta him now!

Pronger is Senior advisor of hockey operations in FLA

• Like 2

Don't have the goaltending to go deep. Only deal we make should be good for now and the future.

I was hoping that Hextall would bring Kimmo Timonen onboard as a defensive coach to teach the young guys, especially those in Lehigh Valley. I still have hopes that Haktard will smarten up this offseason and send Murphy and Laperriere packing. As for trade deadline, for me, it's all about getting rid of dead weight and bringing in more guys from Lehigh Valley. If Hextall can get 5th through 7th round picks for Weise, Lehtera and Filppula and then call up Vecchione and NAK, that's a start.

As for defense, if he can move Meatshield (Manning) and then call up Sanheim, that should be it.

I posted on another forum that I would LOVE to see him try to get a guy like Galchenyuk from Montreal because I think he could be an ideal fit in Philadelphia. He and Lindblom could be interchangeable with one another, depending on the game and I think his speed and skill could really be a fit. As well, the Flyers have good luck with left wingers from Montreal.....lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

I hope that ridiculous Nash trade don't set the"bar"" cause he's not worth all they ( Boston) gave up to get him imo

It will set the bar for a few players, most notably Kane and Pacioretty (if the rumours coming out of MTL were true). I agree with you though, Boston is about to be very disappointed in their ROI.

That's generally the way of things with deadline acquisitions anyway. They very rarely become the missing piece folks seem to think they might be when they first come over. The only real exceptions are players joining an already established core in a lesser role.

Nash on the other hand is the prime example of an awful overpayment by the Bruins. 

Edited by elmatus

Flyers claim Oduya. Not a bad move, though I wonder about the mobility of the back end after the top pair.

Flyers just claimed Oduya off waivers.

Edited by Samifan

That's good. Hope this means we move Manning

Heard we lost Alt? If that's the case, Manning probably won't be moved 

4 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

THAT'S surprising... Colorado claims Mark Alt.

Weird move

In a related(ish) move, the Blues trade Statsny to Winnipeg to recoup the first they sent to the Flyers at the draft. So barring a really weird final 20 games, looks like the pick the Flyers got for Schenn will actually be higher than their own.

• Like 2

Also, Hartman traded to Nashville for a 1st and a 4th, so knock that name off the possible acquisitions board.

7 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Hartman traded to Nashville for a 1st and a 4th

Wow, at that price I wouldn't have wanted any part of that.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Wow, at that price I wouldn't have wanted any part of that.

Agreed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

In a related(ish) move, the Blues trade Statsny to Winnipeg to recoup the first they sent to the Flyers at the draft. So barring a really weird final 20 games, looks like the pick the Flyers got for Schenn will actually be higher than their own.

Unless, of course, the Blues are sellers and finish inside the bottom 10 (or get inside the bottom 10 through lottery).

They're 10 points up on Florida (21st), so I highly doubt that they will finish lower. But the lottery could be kind to them.

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Unless, of course, the Blues are sellers and finish inside the bottom 10 (or get inside the bottom 10 through lottery).

They're 10 points up on Florida (21st), so I highly doubt that they will finish lower. But the lottery could be kind to them.

Sure, but then it pushes to next year with no protection, with an added third as well. Could you imagine if they land in the top 10, only to win the lottery next year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the Rangers got all that for a soft , 34 year old underachieving guy like Nash, we can clean up if we have to trade Simmonds due to cap issues.

I have to admit this trade deadline has been a lot different than what I envisioned at the start of the season.  I figured the Flyers would be a bubble team but ultimately sellers.  I figured 51 was going to go for a late 2nd or 3rd.  I thought one prospect dman was gone for a prospect forward.  I had thought Read would likely have gone for another pick. 

I don't like the concept of keep a pending UFA as your proxy rental player but I think that is what the Flyers will do/have done with 51.

We are very fortunate we have a team looking like it is playoff bound with a strong stable of prospects, some cap room next year (I believe with Read and Flip coming off the books), and two first round draft picks in this coming draft. Add that to productive years from 28, 93 and a surprising, in my opinion, realization of 14 being a top end forward and the organization looks pretty solid.

• Like 1