TOR vs BOS

WordsOfWisdom

Well, another Saturday night stinker. Leafs get their hole stomped in by the Bruins.  :(

I had a feeling this would happen given the recent hot streak. The Bruins just wrapped a defensive blanket over the Leafs and smothered them. Not much to say about this one.

I thought it was a good game where the faster, better team won.

I was hoping that Hainsey wouldn't be back this quickly so that Holl or Borgman could play as I knew TO would need speed, both mental and skating and Hainsey isn't fast nor is his passing game suited to this type of game. 

TO was pressured all night long so we needed Marner, Mathews and Nylander to step up and I thought only Nylander did. I liked that Babs eventually tried different line combos as TO couldn't shake Boston all night long. Most games teams have energy in one or two periods, Boston had it all night long.

I think TO won recently because they were faster than their opposition, able to pressure them like Boston did with TO tonite. I think that we can see that TO's speed isn't up to the level of the truly superior teams which is something I felt when TO was struggling recently. I thought the Hainsey/Rielly pairing was overmatched, couldn't defend that well and never won any battles, all night. I think Rielly and Gardiner would be a far better pairing especially against speed teams like Boston.

The sky isn't falling but seeing how efficiently Boston shutdown the Leafs was a huge eye opener especially as TO has been playing well lately. I don't think we can say that TO lost due to lack of effort.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, TO outshot Boston, TO outshoting anybody is amazing but Boston has made TO look bad recently.

Can anyone process chaos better than Marner, I doubt it. Too bad Marner took about 40 games to wake up because he's definitely be in the scoring race if he woke up even 20 games earlier.

Man Babs has crushes that he finds hard to shake, Leo back on Kadri's line and he gets 15:55 icetime meanwhile Kapanen who drives the 4th line and is obviously a far, far better player stays on the 4th and only gets 11 minutes. TO isn't a meritocracy more of a crushocrity.

It was a good win for TO, deserved and refreshingly not an Andersen only win. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Leafs move ahead of Bruins in standings (the B's have 5 games in hand). Who saw that coming a few weeks ago?

Plus the Leafs finally won a game on a Saturday! Who saw that coming?  :haha:

The Atlantic division is the most lopsided division in the NHL. It's three teams (Tampa, Boston, Toronto) and then everyone else.  :)

Archived