OT: Eagles

notfondajane

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I was really hoping Burton would catch one after I saw that. To have two players do that in the same game from the same team?

10 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I was really hoping Burton would catch one after I saw that. To have two players do that in the same game from the same team?

A play they borrowed from Foles high school team....

And man i can't find a gif no where of that hit Malcolm Jenkins put on Brandon Cooks bro but that set the tone for the game!!!

Kid was done for after that hit!

Found it!!!!

#SMOKED!!!

DVO_L-vVwAAPzFY.jpg

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

wtf is wrong with you?

6 titles not enough ?

50 years of excellence beginning to bore you ?

how can you not know how good you have it in terms of sports teams ?

I can't root for a halfassed organization the Steelers were given 6 championships. I rarely watch the nfl because of such a team like the Steelers and Patriots. NFL games are rigged so teams like these win or in a position to win a championship! 

Kills me how people are already putting out odds on next year when April and the draft and free agency has not even played out yet?  I hear Bridgewater might get the Vikings job?  If so, that means Bradford and Keenum will be on the open market along with likely Foles and Cousins.  Add 6 NFL ready rookies according to Mel Kiper and my Bills should finally get their guy.  Maybe even two.  If it was up to me I would make a trade for Foles, and if that fell through trade up for Baker Mayfield.  We need a pass rusher to help Jerry Hughes and then we instantly fix the D line.  A linebacker and a Center to now replace the sudden loss of our Center Erik Wood whose career ended on Doctors orders last week due to a neck injury.  I had a C6/C7 spinal fusion and they say that is a career ending NFL injury.  His is a different level.  He was darn good and its sad.  I say its over for the Brady bunch.  If they think they can do it again, bring it Bitc*s!!!!   The Bills are going to challenge for the East next year.  The Eagles are going to be contenders for the next few years at least.  They will no doubt get challenged by the Rams, Vikings and maybe the Lions or Saints?  I just do not see anyone in the NFC East beating them next year.  That means Dallas. No way.  I believe there is a fair chance Belecheck will go elsewhere after all the arguing and such?  We shall see

DALLAS SUCKS! let me just start with that!!! These idiots already have the cheating ass Patriots making it back to the super bowl an hour after WE WON . They're outta their friggin minds the pats ain't going nowhere next year.  EAGLES ALL THE WAY.  AGAIN, YOU HEARD CARSON!!! THIS WILL BE ME NEXT YEAR! BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!!!

On 2/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Kills me how people are already putting out odds on next year when April and the draft and free agency has not even played out yet?  I hear Bridgewater might get the Vikings job?  If so, that means Bradford and Keenum will be on the open market along with likely Foles and Cousins.  Add 6 NFL ready rookies according to Mel Kiper and my Bills should finally get their guy.  Maybe even two.  If it was up to me I would make a trade for Foles, and if that fell through trade up for Baker Mayfield.  We need a pass rusher to help Jerry Hughes and then we instantly fix the D line.  A linebacker and a Center to now replace the sudden loss of our Center Erik Wood whose career ended on Doctors orders last week due to a neck injury.  I had a C6/C7 spinal fusion and they say that is a career ending NFL injury.  His is a different level.  He was darn good and its sad.  I say its over for the Brady bunch.  If they think they can do it again, bring it Bitc*s!!!!   The Bills are going to challenge for the East next year.  The Eagles are going to be contenders for the next few years at least.  They will no doubt get challenged by the Rams, Vikings and maybe the Lions or Saints?  I just do not see anyone in the NFC East beating them next year.  That means Dallas. No way.  I believe there is a fair chance Belecheck will go elsewhere after all the arguing and such?  We shall see

The big question I have is what the Eagles Coaching staff could look like next year.  There's a good chance they could lose both the QB's coach and the O Coordinator.   The only bright side is both of those are Pedersen's expertise anyway...  but still.  would suck to lose both.  

On 2/6/2018 at 11:49 AM, Pucked in the head said:

DALLAS SUCKS! let me just start with that!!! These idiots already have the cheating ass Patriots making it back to the super bowl an hour after WE WON . They're outta their friggin minds the pats ain't going nowhere next year.  EAGLES ALL THE WAY.  AGAIN, YOU HEARD CARSON!!! THIS WILL BE ME NEXT YEAR! BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!!!

It is ridiculous that the cheating Patriots, and I agree with you 100% on that one, are getting all that early respect.   Gronkowski is likely to retire and that is a major hit to their very slim offense.  I tell you now, my Bills are going to give them holy hell in the East.  The Rams, Vikings, GB, Saints and Atlanta will all test the Eagles so nothing is automatic.  The NFC is deeper than the AFC IMO but I do think the Eagles have a big shot at getting back to the big game.  I say Eagles vs Rams for the NFC title if I had to pick.  But lets let free agency and the draft play out.  My Bills have a ton of picks for once.  We are likely to try and trade up for a young QB, but a trade with Philly is very possible as we have made several with them in last few years.  For some reasons the Bills and Eagles seem to get along well on the trade market.  A local sports broadcaster says he would give up one of our number two picks for Foles.  I would give a number one.  WE have two number ones and I believe 3 twos?  But I am not sure in what direction they will want to go?  Many young guys are going to be available.  Baker Mayfield I would give a shot to but would like to have a guy like Foles to break him in. Even if Foles signed for short term.  I do think the Eagles would prefer to do business with us over any NFC opponent.  We shall see

Wow, one mock I just saw has the Giants trading their number two to Buffalo for the 21st and 22nd pick and a lower pick for Josh Rosen to the Bills as their next Jim Kelly.  Who knows.  I know we are going to get a QB one way or another.

7 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I say Eagles vs Rams for the NFC title if I had to pick.

Well see the 49er won't be a push over and i think Seahawks will be better this year and return to winning that division.

Eagles are returning 21 of 22 starters next year so far. No other team can say that. 

And as of right now i can't see the team in the NFC East getting a whole lot better between now and the season.

But we'll see. Eagles have some key pieces they need to trade before the draft and gettting key players back healthy will only make them better.

Adding Peters, Sproles, Hicks, Maragos, and Wentz back will be huge. 

Then they get one of the top corners in the draft last year (their #1 pick last year) back healthy....so it could be like them getting 2 1st round picks for next year.

However i am still happy about being Champs....and we'll see bout next year come draft time. Landscape can change quickly.

If Bills are smart they should get in on the Nick Foles sweps....Broncos, Jets and Cardinals i expect to make a huge push for him.

And a darkhorse could Vikings trade for Foles now that they hired their QB to be their offensive coordinator???

Fly Eagles Fly

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is sort of key, right?  All the other teams (especially in the east) will not only have to draft well and get lucky there, and also make the right veteran moves... even if they do that, they're still catching up to an Eagles team that won the super bowl without 5 absolutely key players including 2 of their most important.  

My only real question is if they try to roll with 4 RB's next year or deal Sprouls someplace.  

Oh well... wrong message board I suppose.

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well see the 49er won't be a push over and i think Seahawks will be better this year and return to winning that division.

Eagles are returning 21 of 22 starters next year so far. No other team can say that. 

And as of right now i can't see the team in the NFC East getting a whole lot better between now and the season.

But we'll see. Eagles have some key pieces they need to trade before the draft and gettting key players back healthy will only make them better.

Then they get one of the top corners in the draft last year (their #1 pick last year) back healthy....so it could be like them getting 2 1st round picks for next year.

However i am still happy about being Champs....and we'll see bout next year come draft time. Landscape can change quickly.

If Bills are smart they should get in on the Nick Foles sweps....Broncos, Jets and Cardinals i expect to make a huge push for him.

And a darkhorse could Vikings trade for Foles now that they hired their QB to be their offensive coordinator???

Fly Eagles Fly

There is one thing you said that I will challenge you on and I am in total disagreement.  I do not know how to quote part of a post.  You say Seattle will  regain the NFC West?  Are you crazy?  So you are going to totally discredit the Los Angeles Rams and all they accomplished in one season?  Geoff and Gurley and the two Bills receivers Watkins and Woods and such?  They are going to build the secondary and I assure you they are going to be the number one challenger to Philly.  Do not overlook the Rams. That would be a huge mistake.  I do not see how you think Seattle and that numb skull who I once respected, Pete Carrol, are going to magically turn around things?  And now Wilson is going to play baseball I am hearing. Rams win the West.  49ers 2nd

I do not see the Vikings making a move on Foles.  No way.  They are high on Bridgewater.  They have Keenum and Bradford can get them a big return for picks.  He is not the guy I want but I would not totally rule him out of going to the AFC East.  Bills or Jets.  Baker Mayfield is all over the place.   I hear some have him going as high as second.  And as low as round 4.  Very tough to read.  I know more that are not high on him but I am willing to take a shot on him.  But not sure what the front office is thinking.  I am not going to doubt them after the brilliant moves they made last year.  We now must replace Eric Wood whose career sadly came to and end suddenly on an MRI result of his neck.  One Mock has the Giants trading their number two to the Bills for our two number ones.  And the Bills taking Rosen as their next Jim Kelly?  Time will tell.  We need the QB first.  Then a pass rusher to help Jerry Hughes, a linebacker or two, and a Center and another offensive lineman.  Those positions can be acquired in later rounds or in free agency.  The free agency market is very deep in QB's for once as is the draft.  So we will not go without a QB this time. Tyrod Taylor will land somewhere but I have no clue where.

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not see the Vikings making a move on Foles.  No way.  They are high on Bridgewater.  They have Keenum and Bradford can get them a big return for picks.  He is not the guy I want but I would not totally rule him out of going to the AFC East.  Bills or Jets.  Baker Mayfield is all over the place.   I hear some have him going as high as second.  And as low as round 4.  Very tough to read.  I know more that are not high on him but I am willing to take a shot on him.  But not sure what the front office is thinking.  I am not going to doubt them after the brilliant moves they made last year.  We now must replace Eric Wood whose career sadly came to and end suddenly on an MRI result of his neck.  One Mock has the Giants trading their number two to the Bills for our two number ones.  And the Bills taking Rosen as their next Jim Kelly?  Time will tell.  We need the QB first.  Then a pass rusher to help Jerry Hughes, a linebacker or two, and a Center and another offensive lineman.  Those positions can be acquired in later rounds or in free agency.  The free agency market is very deep in QB's for once as is the draft.  So we will not go without a QB this time. Tyrod Taylor will land somewhere but I have no clue where.

The Vikings can be high on Bridgewater all they want. He isn't really that much of a proven commodity. I'd take Foles over him every day and twice on Sunday. He's a smart veteran QB who plays well within his capabilities, and oh yeah, just won MVP of the Super Bowl. On top of that is Bridgewater's injury history.

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The Vikings can be high on Bridgewater all they want. He isn't really that much of a proven commodity. I'd take Foles over him every day and twice on Sunday. He's a smart veteran QB who plays well within his capabilities, and oh yeah, just won MVP of the Super Bowl. On top of that is Bridgewater's injury history.

I agree with you but I doubt the Vikings are willing to pay a high price for a QB when they have Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater.  The QB position was not the reason they did not go all the way.  They could have and so could have the Falcons or Rams if the ball had bounced differently.  But the Eagles were the best team in the trench's.  And the filthy refs did not cheat them out of anything which was my fear on the game winning score.  I was certain they would call it back.  Like they did on Pittsburgh.  It was more convincing than the Pittsburgh score but the Steelers scored a TD on the dirt bags also.  I hope New England never sniffs another Super Bowl

9 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I agree with you but I doubt the Vikings are willing to pay a high price for a QB when they have Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater.  

They have none of them. They all are free agents this offseason.

9 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

This is the first I am hearing this?  Are you sure?  Unrestricted all 3?  Kind of doubt that

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905368/article/top-25-free-agents-of-2018-quarterbacks-top-the-board-for-now

7  Teddy Bridgewater QB Vikings

14 Case Keenum QB Vikings

21 Sam Bradford QB Vikings

Archived