OT: Eagles

notfondajane

On 2/10/2018 at 12:04 PM, FD19372 said:

The Vikings can be high on Bridgewater all they want. He isn't really that much of a proven commodity. I'd take Foles over him every day and twice on Sunday. He's a smart veteran QB who plays well within his capabilities, and oh yeah, just won MVP of the Super Bowl. On top of that is Bridgewater's injury history.

Not to mention passing Keenum's pants off in the NFC title game.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I would think that they would sign Keenum over him.  Are you kidding?

Could. I can't say for sure what they will do.

Depends on how much money he wants i guess.

I'm sure Flip will have a lot of say on who it is now.

Cousins could end up in Denver too.

Never know a few teams need QBs.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:13 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Could. I can't say for sure what they will do.

Depends on how much money he wants i guess.

I'm sure Flip will have a lot of say on who it is now.

Cousins could end up in Denver too.

Never know a few teams need QBs.

Lots of QBs will be available for a change. Now its about picking the right ones, or pursuing the right ones in free agency, and not over paying.  In our case would giving the Eagles two number ones for Foles be over paying?  If it was Cleveland at 1 and 4 yes and no way would it make any sense.  The Bills are at 21 and 22 and IMO its still unlikely they will give up two number ones.  I say a one and a two best case or a one and a player.  

16 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I say a one and a two best case or a one and a player.  

I think a 1st and 3rd would be even compensation.

I see something earlier that said the Jets are going to do everything possible to make Cousins a Jet.

Which basically out bidding everyone.

So he will be off the market quick if he wants to go there.

Eagles could hold onto Foles till midsummer for insurance purposes to make sure Wentz is ready.

25 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

In our case would giving the Eagles two number ones for Foles be over paying?  

Very much so. And I've always liked Foles. But even with this post season, I don't think he's quite the guy to stake your franchise on. And that's what two firsts is. Plus, it's way more than anyone has paid for a QB in recent memory.

If I'm the Eagles, I'm holding onto Foles anyway. Wentz won't be 100% at the start of the season, no matter what he says. Foles gives you insurance. And if you do decide to move him because you trust Sudfeld, you ask him where he's willing to go. He's earned that.

11 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

In our case would giving the Eagles two number ones for Foles be over paying?

Sorry i found this funny someone thinks that should be reasonable....and would need even more. Thought i would leave this here.

Might be why he is a former GM.....

Thumbnail

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think a 1st and 3rd would be even compensation.

I see something earlier that said the Jets are going to do everything possible to make Cousins a Jet.

Which basically out bidding everyone.

So he will be off the market quick if he wants to go there.

Eagles could hold onto Foles till midsummer for insurance purposes to make sure Wentz is ready.

I agree with your take on a first and a third if the first is decent.  Not sure which teams are high on Foles?  The Bills should be but then again they might be more interested in a long term young guy and using a pick or two on their D.  Getting Matthews, the receiver we got from you guys back healthy this year is very important.  He can really help us out.  Who knows what the Giants are thinking?  I can't believe they are sitting on the second pick.  I hate the Jets.  I hope they get the next coke  snorting Dmarcus Russel.  

14 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Very much so. And I've always liked Foles. But even with this post season, I don't think he's quite the guy to stake your franchise on. And that's what two firsts is. Plus, it's way more than anyone has paid for a QB in recent memory.

If I'm the Eagles, I'm holding onto Foles anyway. Wentz won't be 100% at the start of the season, no matter what he says. Foles gives you insurance. And if you do decide to move him because you trust Sudfeld, you ask him where he's willing to go. He's earned that.

I think Wentz will be fine on opening day.  And I do not see Foles being in an Eagles uniform on opening day.  The Eagles have too much to gain by trading him.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry i found this funny someone thinks that should be reasonable....and would need even more. Thought i would leave this here.

Might be why he is a former GM.....

Thumbnail

Polian took us to 4 Super Bowls but he is losing his marbles if he thinks a team will pay that high. In our case, two number ones is like a 1 and a 2 since we are at 21 and 22.  If it was Cleveland then you are talking.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Polian took us to 4 Super Bowls but he is losing his marbles if he thinks a team will pay that high. In our case, two number ones is like a 1 and a 2 since we are at 21 and 22.  If it was Cleveland then you are talking.

I think part of his point is what would it take to make it worth the Eagles while to trade Foles as opposed to what he is "worth."

Foles is in the ideal situation for him. I don't know how much that translates into success in another situation.

In the end, it may come down to cap space.

19 hours ago, radoran said:

I think part of his point is what would it take to make it worth the Eagles while to trade Foles as opposed to what he is "worth."

Foles is in the ideal situation for him. I don't know how much that translates into success in another situation.

In the end, it may come down to cap space.

A great reason NOT to trade Foles...

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/02/20/surgeon-carson-wentz-injury/

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

My money says they trade him for two reasons.   They are not going to pass up the draft picks they can get for him while the he is a hot pick up. His stock will go down as time pass's.  Its just the nature of the beast.  Then also, he is not going to want to watch Wentz play.  He just won the Super Bowl.   He does not want to ride the bench and he won't.  He will be gone.  But do not fret.  You have Wentz

12 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

My money says they trade him for two reasons.   They are not going to pass up the draft picks they can get for him while the he is a hot pick up. His stock will go down as time pass's.  Its just the nature of the beast.  Then also, he is not going to want to watch Wentz play.  He just won the Super Bowl.   He does not want to ride the bench and he won't.  He will be gone.  But do not fret.  You have Wentz

I agree worse case (and it would be a gamble) is they hold onto him till the trade deadline next season or before the season starts trade him like they did with Bradford and it worked in their favor.

Right it is just to soon to say. Or who know he could be moved at the draft. Or even after it if say a team came out without a QB they thought they might snag.

I'm betting Foles would be perfectly happy as Wentz's backup. There is no doubt that having Wentz there helped him. He won't have that - or likely the deep personal relationship with the coaches - that he has here.

He's already done the "starter" thing and it almost led to him leaving the game entirely.

If the Birds can get a good pick or picks for him, they likely will. I don't know that that opportunity is there.

And Wentz's recovery timeline absolutely trumps those concerns.

I would not be surprised to see them re-structure his contract so it's a true four-year deal, spreading his cap hit out and probably giving him some more money. Foles does seem like the kind of guy who'd rather stay in Philly than go to a new situation where he might get Jeff Fischer'ed again.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree worse case (and it would be a gamble) is they hold onto him till the trade deadline next season or before the season starts trade him like they did with Bradford and it worked in their favor.

Right it is just to soon to say. Or who know he could be moved at the draft. Or even after it if say a team came out without a QB they thought they might snag.

Based on the previous deals between the Bills and Eagles our GM's are likely on the phones now finalizing  a deal for Foles and draft picks.  A win win for the Bills and Eagles.  I would love that.  And then trade up for Baker Mayfield and let Foles break him in.  Unlikely.  But I can dream, after all the years of bust at this position.  Tyrod Taylor is going to land on his feet somewhere.  He has some positive stock.  He can run like the devil and is a good leader on the field and has gotten better the last two years.  I just hope he does not wind up in the AFC.  But he is not finished in this league.  He has something to offer some team.  I just hope he does not come back to haunt us.  I love our secondary and now if our GM can cash in these picks like I expect he will, we have a shot to dethrone NE in the AFC East.  We are better than the Jets and the Fish.  We get that one good pass rusher in the draft, look out.  Because then teams cannot double block Jerry Hughes.

29 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Tyrod Taylor is going to land on his feet somewhere.

You really want to cut Taylor and have 8.6 mill in dead cap space??

I don't know if that is a good move.

I would wait till 2019 and you will only have 5.6 mill in dead cap space.

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You really want to cut Taylor and have 8.6 mill in dead cap space??

I don't know if that is a good move.

I would wait till 2019 and you will only have 5.6 mill in dead cap space.

At the very least I expect him to be traded.  No doubt

On 2/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, radoran said:

I'm betting Foles would be perfectly happy as Wentz's backup. There is no doubt that having Wentz there helped him. He won't have that - or likely the deep personal relationship with the coaches - that he has here.

He's already done the "starter" thing and it almost led to him leaving the game entirely.

If the Birds can get a good pick or picks for him, they likely will. I don't know that that opportunity is there.

And Wentz's recovery timeline absolutely trumps those concerns.

Not a chance he will be happy as a backup after winning the super bowl.  Are you kidding

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Not a chance he will be happy as a backup after winning the super bowl.  Are you kidding

I am not kidding. Look at me. This is my serious face.

Again, this was the PERFECT situation for him and he was playing entirely with house money. You think he'd be happier in Cleveland? 

But, of course, it's not up to him if he's an Eagle or not. It's up to the Eagles.

They could restructure him. They could trade him. They could just let him play out his contract on the bench. If he wants a new big contract, that's an option after next year or in a sign/restructure and trade deal.

But I guarandamntee you he would be happy as a clam as an Eagle next season.

You want Buffalo to give up 21/22 for him?

42 minutes ago, radoran said:

I am not kidding. Look at me. This is my serious face.

Again, this was the PERFECT situation for him and he was playing entirely with house money. You think he'd be happier in Cleveland? 

But, of course, it's not up to him if he's an Eagle or not. It's up to the Eagles.

They could restructure him. They could trade him. They could just let him play out his contract on the bench. If he wants a new big contract, that's an option after next year or in a sign/restructure and trade deal.

But I guarandamntee you he would be happy as a clam as an Eagle next season.

You want Buffalo to give up 21/22 for him?

I am not really sure if he is the better choice for the Bills over one of the young QB's coming out of the draft.  Many are not so high on Baker Mayfield but many have the Bills going after him and trading up for him.  Some to the Giants, some to Denver (like Mel Kiper), myself, I believe either Cleveland might trade their number 4 or Indy their number three or SF their top pick to us to get our two picks?  Other option of course is Foles.  We should make sure Baker Mayfield can be ready to play in Buffalo.  Cold weather. I like his mobility. With Foles, we are Super Bowl contender next year if we get that pass rusher with the other pick or in FA.  Its our job to make New England's life miserable right from the start. We have the horses.  We just need the right field genersl.  I see Taylor gone.Its really tough to say where Foles will wind up.  Cleveland, though they did not win a game, were not getting blown out. They lost a lot of close games.  I believe they can improve big time very fast with the right moves but there is little chance Foles is on their radar.  They have number one and likely grab Rosen.  The Eagles would sure rather trade Foles to Buffalo than to any NFC team.

3 hours ago, radoran said:

Exactly....and for once finally have a title for the trophy case eases all the stress....they can do whatever...which is what i think they will do.

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am not really sure if he is the better choice for the Bills over one of the young QB's coming out of the draft.  Many are not so high on Baker Mayfield but many have the Bills going after him and trading up for him.  Some to the Giants, some to Denver (like Mel Kiper), myself, I believe either Cleveland might trade their number 4 or Indy their number three or SF their top pick to us to get our two picks?  Other option of course is Foles.  We should make sure Baker Mayfield can be ready to play in Buffalo.  Cold weather. I like his mobility. With Foles, we are Super Bowl contender next year if we get that pass rusher with the other pick or in FA.  Its our job to make New England's life miserable right from the start. We have the horses.  We just need the right field genersl.  I see Taylor gone.Its really tough to say where Foles will wind up.  Cleveland, though they did not win a game, were not getting blown out. They lost a lot of close games.  I believe they can improve big time very fast with the right moves but there is little chance Foles is on their radar.  They have number one and likely grab Rosen.  The Eagles would sure rather trade Foles to Buffalo than to any NFC team.

If you get Foles, you better hope you get Pederson, Reich, diFilippo and Wentz to advise him.

And as far as I know none of those guys are available.

I KNOW you are familiar with Jeff Hostetler. Check out what he did after winning the Super Bowl...

2 hours ago, radoran said:

If you get Foles, you better hope you get Pederson, Reich, diFilippo and Wentz to advise him.

And as far as I know none of those guys are available.

I KNOW you are familiar with Jeff Hostetler. Check out what he did after winning the Super Bowl...

Well I know Frank Reich is the new head coach of Indy.  And some people have tossed unfair criticism at him.  I hope he does well.  Just not when he plays us.  I love Reich.  He is a legend in Buffalo.  That great comeback vs the Oilers was a game for the ages. Many a coach was fired after that game and it may have actually cost Houston its franchise.  We got our own dose of medicine in the Music City miracle of course  Lets just wait and see.  ITs always a longshot trying to predict where someone is going to land. Buffalo seems like a very likely place because they are AFC and the Eagles and Bills seem to have a good relationship on the trading block.   I think the Eagles gave up on Kiko too fast, but that is their call.  I wish we could get him back.  I am sure hoping Jordan Matthews can return for a full season.   I want the Bills to win the East and put NE and Belecheck's cheating arse to bed.

Archived