Game 53: Flyers at Hurricanes, 2/6 @ 7

Howie58

2 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

I think Lappy could be a good coach but he never paid his dues or got time to learn the game of hockey as a coach. He was the Flyers head of development for like 2 seasons then he was named assistant coach of the Flyers 

I get that he didn't have coaching experience prior to this.  But he's been on the job for four years.  Outside of his first year, the Flyers have finished in the bottom 1/3 of the league on the PK in each of those years.  At some point, you'd expect to see some improvement.  And this is the worst it's ever been under his guidance.  Not good.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, brelic said:

Lol what a s***show of an overtime! Comedy of errors for the Flyers lol. 

Great perseverance! Patrick was the most noticeable player on the Flyers tonight. Great game from him! 

Flyers had several times to end it in regulation man Simmer missed a wide open net....oh well at least they won.

Agreed with Bre they didn't give up after falling behind.  Agreed with Canes Homer Announcers that Ward, who was great tonight, wished he'd have the game winner back. But that's the way it is.  This had a playoff feel to it. The Flyers got their bleep together in the third. Elliott made some gems but he owes G a few beers. 

16 hours ago, brelic said:

Our PK is hovering around 65% over the past 16 games. I'd give Ghost a shot on the PK with Provorov. 

Rest him. I want him fresh and not blocking shots.  Get morin healthy and call him up.  

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Agreed with Bre they didn't give up after falling behind.  Agreed with Canes Homer Announcers that Ward, who was great tonight, wished he'd have the game winner back. But that's the way it is.  This had a playoff feel to it. The Flyers got their bleep together in the third. Elliott made some gems but he owes G a few beers. 

That play Giroux made to save a goal twice in a few seconds, that's Playoff Giroux. Very captain-like play.

Forgot to mention that TK had an excellent game too. He was the best play driver on the top line tonight, making things happen, putting teammates in a position to score. 

Turned the game on from the mid-point of the first and was doing some work while I watched.  Didn't look to me like they had much energy or jump.  Thought the third period was good and the OT just a wreck.  I think they were lucky to come away with two points.  Good thing the Canes are a bit of a mess themselves.  

They blocked a ton of shots, which is good and bad.  PP needs to find itself.  Please get Lehtera off the second unit.  PK gave up its customary goal.  Though Elliott looked good, particularly compared to the goaltending in the last few games. 

Archived