Flyers trade deadline: Do we need a goalie?

1 minute ago, Pucked in the head said:

Who would you like to see in between the pipes in tonight's game against Vegas? Do you got with neuvy based on last night or do you give someone else a try ? Lyon, Tokarski???

Neuvirth will be the starter, Lyons was flown in to back him up.  Elliot will be re-evaluated on Monday when the team gets back to Philly.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pucked in the head said:

We're not left with many options huh?

fyi,  it helps all of us follow a topic when we use the "Quote" function when posting a response within a topic.  Please give it a try.  

You can also highlight a portion of post and then click 'Quote" and only the highlighted portion links in the reply.

This site has a lot of nice user features, if you have any questions about how to use any of them please send me a PM.

1 hour ago, Pucked in the head said:

Who brought the penguins fan? 

Careful there bud.  B21 has been on this forum for a long time and is well respected.  We may disagree with him from time to time, but he has a lot of hockey knowledge and is a pretty level headed Pens fan.

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

If Elliott goes down for an extended people, now you're shooting higher, but not until then.

This would almost be easier really. If Elliott is out for the season or close, they could bring up Tokarski for the remainder. 

19 minutes ago, elmatus said:

This would almost be easier really. If Elliott is out for the season or close, they could bring up Tokarski for the remainder. 

Do you really think the Flyers would win games with Tokarski?

3.03 GAA, 0.899 S%  in 25 games with the Phantoms

2 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

Who would you like to see in between the pipes in tonight's game against Vegas? Do you got with neuvy based on last night or do you give someone else a try ? Lyon, Tokarski???

Neuvy. 

I'm trying to win tonight and neither Lyon nor Tokarski are remotely capable (IMO).  Neither of the latter sees the ice until Neuvy pulls a muscle taking the cap off of his toothpaste. 

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

This right here.   That was the move to make.

I don't think the Flyers would have beaten out Vegas' claim.  I think as an expansion franchise they were first in the claim order. 

I'm all for moving on from Neuvirth and bringing in a backup. The Flyers could probably come out ahead in that pair of moves. But finding the right fit is going to be tough in the current climate.

Besides the obvious Rangers-Flyers thing, Lundqvist has 8.5 million left each of the next 3 years. The Rangers, if they decide to move him, will demand a king's ransom, and rightfully so. He's not an option. At All.

Lehner doesn't make sense. He makes 4 million this year, and is an RFA afterwards. You're not trading for him and letting him walk, and he's not starting for you next year. Qualifying him at 4 million is too dangerous. 

Johnson is an interesting thought. Not a bad guy to have for your backup. Raanta is another thought, though I believe Chayka thinks he's the long-term solution in Arizona. I'd seriously consider Mrazek, but for his $4 million price tag. I had thought they might send Neuvirth to Edmonton, but that seems to be off the table with how far out of the playoffs they've fallen. You could have swapped Neuvirth for Montoya and a small pick.

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

when Crawford comes back and see what it would take to get Glass.  Or Sateri from Florida. 

Those aren't bad options either but unlike Gilles he is still just 24 so "the price" of course depends on the options as well.

Glass is a UFA and 32 and Sateri is 28 and a UFA too so they are the ore traditional rental if that is the direction you prefer.

Gilles would say just for example, if he plays well you could keep him around to play with Hart on the Phantoms next year if you just wanted to cut bait and move on from both Stolie and Lyon. Sandstrom from reports will play in the SHL another year.

4 hours ago, hf101 said:

Do you really think the Flyers would win games with Tokarski?

3.03 GAA, 0.899 S%  in 25 games with the Phantoms

Yeah, likely not. They won't be winning with Lyon either. I guess we better hope Neuvirth gets a new shipment of bubblewrap. 

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Neuvy. 

I'm trying to win tonight and neither Lyon nor Tokarski are remotely capable (IMO).  Neither of the latter sees the ice until Neuvy pulls a muscle taking the cap off of his toothpaste. 

Food fr thought....

Johnson has a higher price tag at 2.5mill that would be prorated too. But Ron seems to like him.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Food fr thought....

Johnson has a higher price tag at 2.5mill that would be prorated too. But Ron seems to like him.

Yeah, they'd probably have to figure out the cap space.    But for a short term rental I kind of don't mind the idea.   I just don't buy the big move idea.  If he was really looking for a big move in goal, you would think he'd have done that instead of signing Elliott to begin with, right?     I think he still has to be in "bridge until Hart/Sandstrom" mode.

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, they'd probably have to figure out the cap space.    But for a short term rental I kind of don't mind the idea.   I just don't buy the big move idea.  If he was really looking for a big move in goal, you would think he'd have done that instead of signing Elliott to begin with, right?     I think he still has to be in "bridge until Hart/Sandstrom" mode.

Yeah ain't no big move coming it will be a stop gap type guy if at all.

With Neuvy, there is no middlin performance. You get a game like tonight or you get a stink bomb. Then you overlay the injury proneness. I could understand a GM wanting someone else around if you believe making the playoffs is important to develop people. But what has to be given up to get someone?  Neuvy is an expensive backup; who'd want him?

Archived