Flyers trade deadline: Do we need a goalie?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm thinking of a cheap option to pick up...

...Ducks waived Dennis Rasmussen i would claim him....worth a shot send Alt back to clear a spot...hell he ain't playing any ways.

He would be a not cost anything to look at type of move signed to a one year 750K deal.

6-2 192 and skates pretty well...maybe he can help on the wing.

...worth a look.

14 hours ago, King Knut said:

The harm is in what it would cost Hextall in terms of picks or prospects.

If another team out there has an NHL ready prospect, they're not trading him for Michael Neuvirth and Brandon Manning.  

Sure... I don't care who the good goalie of the future is, as long as he's good.  The reason I don't worry too much about a prospect is because you have to hedge your bets a little bit as a GM.   If you're a farmer and you've got two Cows that look like they're growing up to give a boatload of milk, I don't trade away all my chickens for a third.  I'm going to need chickens too.  

Mmmmm....chicken milk.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Les Habitants. Might explain where they are in the standings.

Not a bad take...however, the Canadiens were a hot mess long before Niemi ever arrived.

I could be wrong, but the Habs' troubles started way back when Patrick Roy told his head coach, "Screw you, I am trading myself out of here!" :ph34r:

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Les Habitants. Might explain where they are in the standings.

They do have the "best goalie in the world" playing most of the time.

But seriously, get Niemi, get Bernier, get whoever because if Elliott's really hurt and they don't do anything now, you know damn well we're going to be looking at Leighton lacing them up again come April and none of us wants that.

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not a bad take...however, the Canadiens were a hot mess long before Niemi ever arrived.

I could be wrong, but the Habs' troubles started way back when Patrick Roy told his head coach, "Screw you, I am trading myself out of here!" :ph34r:

Which was, I believe just after they traded John LeClair and Rico Desjardins to us for Recchi. 

Great stretch for them.

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

HHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm thinking of a cheap option to pick up...

...Ducks waived Dennis Rasmussen i would claim him....worth a shot send Alt back to clear a spot...hell he ain't playing any ways.

He would be a not cost anything to look at type of move signed to a one year 750K deal.

6-2 192 and skates pretty well...maybe he can help on the wing.

...worth a look.

I'm a little reticent to sign a D man a team that's currently not in playoff position thinks isn't good enough for the nightly roster and is ready to risk losing outright.  

Especially when they're still playing Mac and Manning over Sanheim.  

18 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I'm a little reticent to sign a D man a team that's currently not in playoff position thinks isn't good enough for the nightly roster and is ready to risk losing outright.  

Especially when they're still playing Mac and Manning over Sanheim.  

He isn't a Dman he is a forward and the Ducks are deep at forward.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He isn't a Dman he is a forward and the Ducks are deep at forward.

Sorry, I admit I wasn't really paying attention.  I thought the conversation was about D men.  

At his cost, he's essentially a minor league contract (similar to Golbourne).  They wouldn't be able to necessarily get better out of him than they are out of Lehtera offensively, but if he could help on the PK, then maybe it's worth a shot.  

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

At his cost, he's essentially a minor league contract (similar to Golbourne).  They wouldn't be able to necessarily get better out of him than they are out of Lehtera offensively, but if he could help on the PK, then maybe it's worth a shot. 

Not so fast he is 27.

And hell yes they could get better out of him that they are with Weise and Lehtera he is a good skater has a decent shot and may i say add something to the bottom 6 at absolutely no cost of a player or pick....just clear a spot and claim him.

That is all it takes before the trade deadline....then by then if he can't help........waive him is all you have to do...simple as that.

And if he could help and push Lehtera out the lineup i would call that a damn WIN!

1 minute ago, Pucked in the head said:

Lehtera hasn't produced much if any offense so anything would be an improvement imo

BINGO!!!

And it wouldn't cost anything to experiment....i'm not saying he can help...i'm thinking low cost chance to add some skill maybe.

Right now Lehtera Fil and Weise are on the 4th line....even if you try Lehtera Fil and Rasmussen it could add something...maybe.

Don't worry it won't happen just a pipe dream makes to much sense to try.

My first choice would be Raanta but the Yotes might have plans for him meaning they would want a lot in return. 

So Chad Johnson who doesn't have great numbers this year (but it is with the Sabres so...) may be Ron's cheap choice.

Archived