1st Place

notfondajane

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Does anyone think the Pens could win the Metropolitan Division? 

MORE than possible for Pittsburgh to win the Metro.

This division is so wide open, it isn't even funny.

I never did, and obvsiously STILL do not, buy into the "Metro is the toughest division in hockey" spiel the media was selling (and that some fans were buying), but I DO believe that top to bottom, they are one of the more competitive within itself in the NHL.

Big difference between being the toughest division in hockey to one where all teams are at least competitive with each other.

The latter meaning every team has a shot at the top spot....due to big flaws in every other team.

And within the competitive structure, the Pens and Caps were still the class of it because they, IMO, have the LEAST amount of flaws of the Metro teams.

Really it was either Pitts or Wash's to lose in the 1st place....and I leaned more towards it being the Pens division all along.

Central division is by FAR the toughest with every team top to bottom, capable of being in much better dominant position, had they been in any other division, EVERY team being on the plus side of goal differential, and while not every team is a legit Cup contender, the division features more teams capable of that than the Metro.

But anyways, yea, Pittsburgh can still win the division, because, well, why not?

Caps are looking tough again, but not so tough that the Pens couldn't catch them with a nice run.

What teams in the Metro do at the trade deadline could decidedly shift the balance of power within the division to either Pitts or Wash (or maybe some team lurking in the background like Columbus or NJ, if they ever get their collective heads out of their arses), but if I were forced to place big money on who takes the Metro moving forward, I'd have to go Pens or Caps at this stage.

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

MORE than possible for Pittsburgh to win the Metro.

This division is so wide open, it isn't even funny.

I never did, and obvsiously STILL do not, buy into the "Metro is the toughest division in hockey" spiel the media was selling (and that some fans were buying), but I DO believe that top to bottom, they are one of the more competitive within itself in the NHL.

Big difference between being the toughest division in hockey to one where all teams are at least competitive with each other.

The latter meaning every team has a shot at the top spot....due to big flaws in every other team.

And within the competitive structure, the Pens and Caps were still the class of it because they, IMO, have the LEAST amount of flaws of the Metro teams.

Really it was either Pitts or Wash's to lose in the 1st place....and I leaned more towards it being the Pens division all along.

Central division is by FAR the toughest with every team top to bottom, capable of being in much better dominant position, had they been in any other division, EVERY team being on the plus side of goal differential, and while not every team is a legit Cup contender, the division features more teams capable of that than the Metro.

But anyways, yea, Pittsburgh can still win the division, because, well, why not?

Caps are looking tough again, but not so tough that the Pens couldn't catch them with a nice run.

What teams in the Metro do at the trade deadline could decidedly shift the balance of power within the division to either Pitts or Wash (or maybe some team lurking in the background like Columbus or NJ, if they ever get their collective heads out of their arses), but if I were forced to place big money on who takes the Metro moving forward, I'd have to go Pens or Caps at this stage.

I'm thinking similar thoughts. They stay remotely healthy and get a good point streak going, it could be very exciting to watch! 

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yes. If Murray can be good Murray, it's very possible. 

I'm  Actually looking forward to playing the Flyers in the playoffs! Since our favorite Flyers fan is no longer on the team  (Marc Andrea Fleury) it will be a better series to watch! 

Of course the Pens could win the division, but in the end it does not really matter.  They simply need to focus on their game at this point, and keep honing it for the second season.   Look how those division and President's Trophies have helped out the Caps over the last few years. 

The division title is a nice thing, but its not what the end goal is. 

If Murray stays healthy it’s a good chance. Looks like they are starting to fire on all cylinders. Malkin is looking awesome and Crosby seems to have a hand in on everything. Continue to like the kids they are bringing up.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:23 PM, nossagog said:

Of course the Pens could win the division, but in the end it does not really matter.  They simply need to focus on their game at this point, and keep honing it for the second season.   Look how those division and President's Trophies have helped out the Caps over the last few years. 

The division title is a nice thing, but its not what the end goal is. 

Totally agree! It would be nice to say that we had won it all!

On 2/12/2018 at 5:24 AM, notfondajane said:

Does anyone think the Pens could win the Metropolitan Division? 

Now with Derick Brassard for sure.

giphy.gif

However the Flyers have tied you and will have something to say about that.

I think the Flyers have made a nice upgrade in net....now just healthy...we play real soon guess we'll see.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2018 at 4:57 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Now with Derick Brassard for sure.

giphy.gif

However the Flyers have tied you and will have something to say about that.

I think the Flyers have made a nice upgrade in net....now just healthy...we play real soon guess we'll see.

Season sweep by the Pens! Nicely done. Let's see what happens in the playoffs? 

Archived