Evander Kane?

sekkes85

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

The @insidesabres thing is not happening.  It's ridiculous.

But they're not getting Raanta.   He's their goalie and is doing well.   They're either not moving him or it would take pieces you really don't want to see go.

Sanheim and Sandstrom and a 1st for Raanta, OEL, and Domi?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, brelic said:

Sanheim and Sandstrom and a 1st for Raanta, OEL, and Domi?

Sanheim and a 1st would maybe get OEL, no way Sandstrom is getting Raanta/Domi.  Salary wouldn't work either.  

Agree that any package for Raanta would have to include a goalie prospect though and pick(s)

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Exactly. To your point, getting quality players means giving up quality in return.

Yep!   

Sorry, I missed you were making a rhetorical point.  A good one, too.   So, I just have to reiterate here:  Raanta is NOT happening.   Arizona signed him and has gotten good return.   His numbers other than W-L are good, actually.  If we had those number here, we're in first place probably (I actually don't think we've lost that many points specifically because of goaltending, but we've probably lost a few).   The Coyotes have their goalie.  They'd be foolish to trade him.  Now, they just need defensemen.

And I don't want nor need OEL.  Two years ago I would have drooled at the thought.  But including Ghost, we have a bunch of our own defensemen here or on the way that can do the same thing.  And hopefully they're not as horribly irresponsible in their own end as OEL is.

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yep!   

Sorry, I missed you were making a rhetorical point.  A good one, too.   So, I just have to reiterate here:  Raanta is NOT happening.   Arizona signed him and has gotten good return.   His numbers other than W-L are good, actually.  If we had those number here, we're in first place probably (I actually don't think we've lost that many points specifically because of goaltending, but we've probably lost a few).   The Coyotes have their goalie.  They'd be foolish to trade him.  Now, they just need defensemen.

And I don't want nor need OEL.  Two years ago I would have drooled at the thought.  But including Ghost, we have a bunch of our own defensemen here or on the way that can do the same thing.  And hopefully they're not as horribly irresponsible in their own end as OEL is.

Agreed. My preference would be Raanta but I just don’t see Arizona making that trade. 

Mrazek is probably who we’ll end up with. I’d say a 3rd is fair value. Put another way, would anyone really prefer to hang on to a 3rd round pick and possibly miss the playoffs due to goaltending? 

I sure wouldn’t. 

Just now, Pucked in the head said:

Don't be so sure! Hexy is pretty stupid! He traded schenn for sluggo lehtera

Hexy may not be serving 100% on his trades, but he's been far from stupid. In fact, many of his trades were downright amazing, especially the early ones he made to shed salary.

While we're on the topic of Schenn -- this feels like some odd myth that just won't go away. Hex did not trade Schenn for Lehtera. Hex traded Schenn for two first round picks. One of those picks is currently tearing up the OHL like a menace (see: Frost, Morgan). Lehtera was the price of doing business to make the trade happen. He'll be off the books soon, whether via buyout or just when his contract runs its course.

Was it a mistake? Schenn never played as well for us as he has this year for STL. Sometimes a player just does better somewhere else. That said, if he churns out 80 pts for the next few years, yeah it will probably have been a mistake.

That of course is unless Morgan Frost can translate his game to the NHL. He's done nothing but impress tremendously this year. His totals are in elite territory at the moment. Then there's the other matter of our second first round pick from that trade coming this year...

In short, Schenn didn't fit. Hex unloaded him for a pretty great haul in the form of two first round picks. One of those picks is already showing enough promise to make me forget about Schenn anyway. That doesn't mean he'll necessarily be as dominant in the big show of course, but it's a pretty great start.

11 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

Don't be so sure! Hexy is pretty stupid! He traded schenn for sluggo lehtera

Hextall traded Schenn for 2-1st round picks + Lehtera. Or Morgan Frost and a 1st and Lehtera. Lehtera is basically a throw in here.

Saying he traded Schenn for Lehtera makes you sound...stupid.

edit: ok I see elmatus filled you in.

1 hour ago, Pucked in the head said:

Call him a throw in if you want bottom line is he was part of the deal schenn is playing for them he attempts to play for us (this season) 

Schenn didn't fit here. Lehtera was just a body and salary dump for the Blues. I like the deal....

4 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

Call him a throw in if you want bottom line is he was part of the deal schenn is playing for them he attempts to play for us (this season) 

It's not if he wants...Hextall wanted 2-1sts for Schenn and especially wanted Morgan Frost. Lehtera was a throw-in to make the caphit work.

Of course the trade looks foolish if you don't include the most valuable assets the Flyers got in it. Just like if you said St. Louis sent us their 2-1sts for nothing, they'd look foolish. If you actually include Schenn, it looks much better.

Archived