Evander Kane?

sekkes85

Per a report the Flyers have offered a "top prospect" for Kane.  I really hope this isn't true, I'd offer MAYBE a B list prospect or a better prospect if they take Lehtera off our hands.  Not sure how credible the report is, it showed up on my FB feed under NHL News Updates that I follow.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

Per a report the Flyers have offered a "top prospect" for Kane.

I really hope whoever sent that out was drunk and misread Flyers for Jets. I'd love to see a Byfuglien/Kane reunion. Also, we all know Kane would want nothing more than to play in Vegas.

If it is true... has to be Sanheim. That's sad to me.

Oh boy.  Deadline rumors are upon us.  

I could actually see a trade for Kane and, as mentioned in another thread, perhaps some vet help in net.  Please, however, do not let it involve a "top prospect."  Kane is UFA, right?

For shits and giggles, what would you be willing to give up for Kane?  How much $$$ do you think Kane is going to want?  Would you be willing to trade Morin or Myers?

I'm going to be really mad if Sanheim gets dangled like that.  We have been patient with him and he is on the brink of cracking the roster full time.   Again hopefully the whole thing is just a rumor and has no backbone to it.

1 minute ago, vis said:

Kane is UFA, right?

For shits and giggles, what would you be willing to give up for Kane?  How much $$$ do you think Kane is going to want?  Would you be willing to trade Morin or Myers?

Yes he is a UFA at end of year.  I would be ok if we trade a 3rd and a B-List prospect (Alt?) but that is about it.  You just hear stories about everywhere this guy goes he is a cancer.  I feel like our locker room is pretty close and solid, last thing we need is someone to ruin it.  

6 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

You just hear stories about everywhere this guy goes he is a cancer.  I feel like our locker room is pretty close and solid, last thing we need is someone to ruin it.  

I feel the same, but you wonder if the leadership group on this team could rein him in.  It's not like the Sabres have great leadership.  That said, things didn't go well with the Jets either.

I will say this: his production would look pretty good at LW.  But at what price in terms of contract and prospect?

Edited to add: What if you were able to force them to take Weise or Lehtera in a deal involving Morin or Myers for Kane and knowing you could sign Kane for a reasonable contract?

I want no parts of Kane honestly...   If Pronger was still on the roster I might gamble.

A cancer in the room is the last thing the kids need to be around.   No thanks....  certainly not for a top prospect and definitely not for Sanheim.   

"Report"

Whomever put out that report forgot that Holmgren is no longer the GM of the Flyers.   Nothing to see here.  Move on.

And to those that would trade me:  I can be as disruptive and absent/hurt just as much as Kane, so why not?

38 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

A cancer in the room is the last thing the kids need to be around.   No thanks....  certainly not for a top prospect and definitely not for Sanheim.   

Sanheim is off the table for Kane.  I agree.  

How much of Kane being a "cancer" is accurate vs. media hype?  I honestly don't know.  I recall there being some issues with the Jets (particularly between he and Byfuglien) and I know he's had some legal issues, but what has happened in Buffalo?  It seems to have bene pretty quiet, while he has produced pretty well this year.

For the record, I am not a big fan of Byfuglien either.

2 minutes ago, vis said:

I recall there being some issues with the Jets (particularly between he and Byfuglien) and I know he's had some legal issues, but what has happened in Buffalo?  It seems to have bene pretty quiet, while he has produced pretty well this year.

Didn't he get into a fight (well verbal altercation) with a teammate at practice? 

1 hour ago, sekkes85 said:

Per a report the Flyers have offered a "top prospect" for Kane.  I really hope this isn't true, I'd offer MAYBE a B list prospect or a better prospect if they take Lehtera off our hands.  Not sure how credible the report is, it showed up on my FB feed under NHL News Updates that I follow.

Sounds like an Eklund "report".

1 minute ago, sekkes85 said:

Didn't he get into a fight (well verbal altercation) with a teammate at practice? 

Didn't Keith Primeau break Chris McCallister's nose in practice?  

Verbal altercations in practice?    PRACTICE?   We talking about PRACTICE?

I just don't want to give up any prospects for a rental, regardless of his rep.  

2 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

Per a report the Flyers have offered a "top prospect" for Kane.

Eklund is that you ??????

Welcome to the next 2 weeks of "Rumors"  ... Eck is just warming up his keyboard.

For the record .... I don't want Kane unless it is for a bag of pucks.

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Eklund is that you ??????

Welcome to the next 2 weeks of "Rumors"  ... Eck is just warming up his keyboard

They got called out on in the comments and said it was heard from someone with ties to the organization.  Again it's probably all a load of crap but I usually don't see too much BS from that page.

41 minutes ago, vis said:

Sanheim is off the table for Kane.  I agree.  

How much of Kane being a "cancer" is accurate vs. media hype?  I honestly don't know.  I recall there being some issues with the Jets (particularly between he and Byfuglien) and I know he's had some legal issues, but what has happened in Buffalo?  It seems to have bene pretty quiet, while he has produced pretty well this year.

For the record, I am not a big fan of Byfuglien either.

agreed...   I don't follow the Sabres enough and am more or less going off his prior issues.   Even with the issues I think he is an overrated player.

When you really think about it, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Our top 4 wingers are Giroux, Konecny, Voracek, and Simmonds. We’ve got Lindblom coming sooner rather than later.

This has Bryzaster written all over it. Even before the trade, there were published reports about Bryz being a locker room disruption. Why take the risk of disrupting the locker room chemistry with a known douchebag?

I’m not against a trade that would make this team better - I just do not like Kane.

Archived