Game 58: Flyers at Columbus, 2/16/18 @ 7

Howie58

Greetings:

We are the underdog. That may reflect Columbus's much better record for the last 10 games.  Their specialty team performance is impressive; ours is quite bad. 

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-columbus-odds-february-16-2018-869189

It looks like a Neuvy-Bobo matchup between the pipes with Weise on the fourth.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/58-flyers-at-blue-jackets-fri-feb-16-2018-7-00-pm-et-tvas-fs-o-nbcsp.2448637/

This may have the fit and feel of a playoff game given standings in the Metro.  

LGF,

Howie

P.S.  I put the Oddsshark analyses in my game threads because they have good information.  I am indifferent to gambling, but If this bother folks, I will stop it. 

25 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

P.S.  I put the Oddsshark analyses in my game threads because they have good information.  I am indifferent to gambling, but If this bother folks, I will stop it. 

Too late! I've already lost my life savings!!! :)  Kidding!

Doesn't bother me one bit, and posting a link is perfectly fine. It becomes a choice whether or not to follow it.

LGF!!

39 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

What are the odds the flyers bounce back and play a solid all around game and get back in the win column? 50/50?

Well, given that they haven't won in Columbus since 2005, not good! That's not a typo! Robert Esche was the winning goalie and Peter Forsberg scored a goal lol.

My gut says this has been a team that exploits our former deficit in "speed/skill."  They have run through us.  At least, that's my recollection.  

This is one of the few teams we are sub-.500 against.  We are OK at home but a bleeping disaster on the road with 11 straight losses.

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Columbus_Blue_Jackets

Well, these people are now in our division.  We better get with the program. Tomorrow is as good a time to start as any. 

5 hours ago, brelic said:

Too late! I've already lost my life savings!!!

So you must have been listening to Rick.......well good news keep listening and bet the opposite of what he says and you'll have it by no time!!! :hehe:

The Jackets are coming off a loss and are 3-6-1 in the last 10.

So Neuvy i think will have to stand on his head to keep them in it.

This club is terrible at letting in shots from the top of the blueline and the Jackets have guys that can put it on net....Flyers have guys who can excel at screening their own goalie so it ain't looking good.

They got outplayed by a hungry Devil team the other night i can see the same going down this game...sadly.

Hak is going to have to shelter Gudas and Manning if they are to have a chance to win.

I hope i'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

Getting rid of Bob was one of Philly's biggest sports blunders

He had to be sent away, Flyers already had a Russian goalie.... who couldn't keep a beach ball out of a shot glass  

Archived