Patrick coming around?

Cheesesteak

1 hour ago, Cheesesteak said:

Kid has had a LOT to deal with the past two years.....what y'all think?  Is he turning the corner?

https://thehockeywriters.com/philadelphia-flyers-nolan-patrick-potential/

From what i have seen over the last few games i think he is getting better and better. He has the most impressive shot i have seen in the shootout all season....so that is progress because the Flyers need more shooters there....especially one that can hit the net.

By the start of next season i think he be waaaaaay much better.

I see no reason why not. He has made some plays that are really high up on the “wow” factor. His skill level is not in question.  From my eye ball test, Patrick is getting stronger and quicker. Kid has been through a lot and is finally being able to make a consistent contribution.

that goal he scored a few weeks ago when he came in on a rush and went forehand / backhand at full speed... not too many people can do that. 

Just scratching the surface imo 

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Goals in 3 straight games. Points in 4 straight. 8 in his last 12 games. Looks like the real Nolan Patrick is coming around.

And his timing couldn't be more perfect!!!

I thought he and Oskar looked good together.

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say Oskar is here to stay....

...so Oskar get rid of that #54 (just doesn't look right) and put on your #96!!!

Last season the Flyers became the only team in NHL history to go on a 10-game win streak and miss the playoffs. They lost 10 straight (0-5-5) this year and almost certainly will. Thursday’s victory means they haven’t lost in regulation in 10 straight since last year’s stretch.

I don't think it has anything to do with the kid's hockey IQ or the skill.   It has everything to do with the fans perception of the # 2 pick and not looking at the circumstances.  This kid did not play much hockey over a long period before making the roster.   Everyone knew he had the skill but fans were impatient (as usual) b/c he was not performing well and then got a concussion.   He is FINALLY getting healthy and more comfortable as a baby in the best hockey league in the world.   

9 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Looked like he took an elbow to the head last night, was visibly annoyed by it. Any news on his noggin today?

I still can't believe they don't go back to the old style elbow pads. It would save on plenty of concussions.

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I still can't believe they don't go back to the old style elbow pads. It would save on plenty of concussions.

Agreed. Don Cherry has been harping on this for over a decade. It's the cause of many.

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I harp on it everytime I take one in the face.

Yeah, no doubt. The problem is, unless you have your pair of old soft ones, you cannot buy them. You playing still? I'm in year two of my hiatus following knee surgery. I might be done. Hard to say.

14 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, no doubt. The problem is, unless you have your pair of old soft ones, you cannot buy them. You playing still? I'm in year two of my hiatus following knee surgery. I might be done. Hard to say.

Still playing. Still playing ball hockey too. I'll play til i can't.

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

You can easily see his skating is so much better. 

Way better.  It looked deficient at the beginning of the year.  Really looking like a strong player now.  It's been exciting to see him progress.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I harp on it everytime I take one in the face.

I still have my old cooper shoulder pads which are basically nothing and have a pair of old elbow pads too... It would prevent a lot of injuries but pads these days are next to Batman amour.

I think people underestimate how long it takes to be 100% after an injury. It's as if they didn't see Giroux and Gostisbehere take a year to come back around following their core muscle surgeries, and asumed that since Patrick was able to play, he'd be what everyone expected just a couple months after his.

7 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I think people underestimate how long it takes to be 100% after an injury. It's as if they didn't see Giroux and Gostisbehere take a year to come back around following their core muscle surgeries, and asumed that since Patrick was able to play, he'd be what everyone expected just a couple months after his.

That and getting up to speed with the size, skill and speed of the NHL.

Archived