Pitts @ TO

hobie

This will be TO's 60th game and with TO at 75 points, 100 points should be easily within reach.

TO is 6 points from being the co-best team in the NHL, 5 points behind the 2nd best LasVegas, an expansion team.

Kessel is tied with Crosby and Malkin for the points lead of Pitts. I still lament this trade but part(s) were used to acquire Anderson so ultimately it was worth while.

Pitts is 5 points behind TO and of late is showing it's pedigree, it'll be a stiff test.

Will Gardner play, I hope so, will Polak, I hope not.

We've seen the Kadri line have a great game then we've seen the Matthews line have their way but to beat Pitts I think we'll need the best from both. 

TO spends far too much time in their own end so I think Babs needs to start earning his $s. Lack of compete isn't a catch all for what we saw/see as I think it's more a case of a roster incapable of executing a specific game plan for a variety of reasons, the stretch pass, ugh.

RC used to complain about compete pretty well after each loss, Babs is more subtle, he constantly praises Leo and compete is all Leo has going for himself. 

I don't feel the Leafs aren't competing, it's more a directionless ship that wins because of talent but the wins are tenuous. We know that Rielly can be a vital dynamic force but again last night his presence was so muted that I almost missed that he was playing. Gardiner was brutal, his over the head passes were intercepted repeatedly which makes sense to me, Gardiner skates himself out of trouble then makes excellent plays, he's not good if moving the puck quickly is what is expected.

I hate that Hainsey is mentoring Rielly, Rielly has the talent to think/execute the game on a different plain than Hainsey so Hainsey should instead be learning how to support Rielly. 

Archived