Game 59: Flyers @ Rangers, 2/18 @ 12

Howie58

Greetings:

There is no line on this game as of this posting (other 2/18 games have odds):

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-new-york-odds-february-18-2018-869264

That said, we are a stronger team in rankings and results.  But Flyers/Rangers at MSG on national TV makes this anybody's game, which may explain the lack of odds.  The O and B are sub .500 against the Rangers, largely due to our performance on their ice:

http://flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?New_York_Rangers

My gut:  Goalies will decide this game.  If Neuvy plays like he did last night, we stand a good shot. If Lundquist plays at his best, we have a long afternoon.  With the trade deadline approaching, you reckon some players are on tryout for another team.  

LGF!!

38 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Goalies will decide this game. 

Yes i feel you're right.

Will they get Neuvy from the Devils game or Neuvy from the Jackets game.

This (besides injuries) is what drives the fan base and front office batty about this guy.

And it has plagued him his whole career.

But he is making only like 250K less than Elliott so he is getting compensated to start when needed........well the Flyers need it...they are in a dog fight with several teams and good goaltending can help them hold their position and maybe get to the point were they pass the Pens....winning is the only thing that will do that.

Yest this game scares me since the Rags are 3-7-0 in the last 10.

Lost 3 straight getting blast today by a Sens team in flux.

The King getting the hook today (815%).

So back to backs for them and the Flyers will be rested.

All the signs of a let down to me.

Flyers DON'T DO IT!!!!

PEDAL TO THE METAL!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Nice work Nuevy....   He is a pansy. 

Ron needs to look in the mirror regarding this goaltending situation.    

To be fair, it’s hard to foresee 3 goaltenders out to injury. 

9 minutes ago, brelic said:

To be fair, it’s hard to foresee 3 goaltenders out to injury. 

To be fair he gave Nuevy a substantial raise when he was statistically the WORST goalie in the league... brought in Elliott who has had injuries in the past and has been played too often by the Coaching staff. 

It was bound to happen and now he needs to make a move.  I have no confidence that Nuevy would not break an ankle sneezing while sipping a latte at Starbucks.   

I like Raanta, and I have heard rumors about our scouts being around Coyotes games. He plays on a bad team, which doesn't give you a strong enough read on him. I like him, and would be worth trading for if the price is reasonable.

First we slay the Columbus demon.  Now we win at MSG.  Things look good.  

As for Lyon, one game does not a turnaround make...but it says he might be a good prospect.  I hope we don't trade a future piece to get a second tier fill-in.

29 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Lehtera with the snipe!   :haha:

How many goals does schenn have? But anyway it's about time! Hey maybe that's just what he needed, to get the first goal under his belt , now if he could quietly score 10 goals, like Laughton (to my surprise) he might end up contributing after all!   Hey a guy can dream can't he?lol

Archived