Lindblom recalled, Stolarz activated from IR

AJgoal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think they have to shed a roster player to fit him, no?

And for Stolarz, does that mean he’s ready to play in LHV? If so, that’s great news for Stolarz and great news for Hextall. That reduces other teams’ leverage. Tokarski could be recalled and the Phantoms would still have two goalies. 

Anyway, excited to see Lindblom. Where does he slot?

9 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired Petr Mrazek from the Detroit Red Wings for a conditional fourth round pick in 2018 and a conditional third round pick in 2019.

So with Lindblom now on the roster, do they send Leier down to the Phantoms?

Leier isn’t waiver exempt. I’m guessing Neuvirth goes to IR, and one or both of Weise and Lehtera are scratched. 

Lindblom/Laughton/Weal

Raffl/Filppula/Leier

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Leier isn’t waiver exempt. I’m guessing Neuvirth goes to IR, and one or both of Weise and Lehtera are scratched. 

Lindblom/Laughton/Weal

Raffl/Filppula/Leier

Neuvy to IR makes sense in the short term but when he comes off IR someone has to go.  Another trade coming before the 26th?

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Neuvy to IR makes sense in the short term but when he comes off IR someone has to go.  Another trade coming before the 26th?

I thought after the trade dealine there were no more waivers required?

8 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I don't know.  I haven't heard that before.  If its true then that works in the Flyers favor.

I think you're also only allowed 4 recalls after the trade dealine and the end of the season too.

Some stuff was chanced with the last CBA and the new one can't remember and i'm on my phone and hate looking it up on it.

I'll check later or someone may tell us if i'm right or wrong before then

Simmonds hurt.  Out 2-3 weeks with an upper body injury.    That's where Lindblom comes in.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/otf-simmonds-neuvirth-injury-updates--philadelphia-flyers/c-296154266

Speaking of Simmonds.   He is not himself.  I hope its injury and we'll hear about it at the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Simmonds hurt.  Out 2-3 weeks with an upper body injury.    That's where Lindblom comes in.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/otf-simmonds-neuvirth-injury-updates--philadelphia-flyers/c-296154266

Speaking of Simmonds.   He is not himself.  I hope its injury and we'll hear about it at the end of the season.

Sucks re: Simmonds.  I kind of felt he had been rounding into form after a rough start.  Hopefully this gives him time to rest some of the other injuries he appears to have been dealing with so that he's good to go for the final PO push.  So I guess Lindblom/Patrick/Voracek is a thing.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think this kid is here to stay. All he needs to do is continue to play like he has and the points will come.

High praise. Wish they would give him a better number i'm not fond on the #54.

Hex: Hey, Oskar. Thanks for coming in.

Oskar: ioewhewofih wofhiwofh

Hex: *to his swedish translator* What'd he say?

Translator: He says "Thanks. I think so too."

Hex: Okay, good. That's why we pay you the big bucks, Sven.

Sven: I won't let you down, sir.

Hex: I'll cut right to it, Oskar. You're ready for the big game. As it stands, I fully expect to have your name on the Flyers roster to start next season.

Oskar [trans]: But...

Hex: *snickers* But for the time being, we're sending you back down. This isn't a knock on your ability though. As I said, we believe you're ready. But we also think LHV has been something special this year, and we think you were a big part of that something special.

Oskar [trans]: It's been a great year for sure. I've enjoyed it.

Hex: Good. Because we feel that team has a good shot at a deep run, and we want you to help them get there. In fact, I challenge you to go back there and show us you're not only good, but you're one of the best in the league. That's my challenge to you. That's the reason we're sending you down.

Oskar [trans]: Yeah, I get that. I'm all in.

Hex: Glad to hear it.

Archived