Seattle Expansion: Ticket Drive and more

wild.source

5 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

Is it flipping us off?

I like this logo.  The name would suit me.

Still no official word on a name.  Gov. Inslee dropped the name "Totem" in March in referring to a rivalry between Vancouver and Seattle, but nothing out yet.

21-22 season is 3 years away.

Oh, wel......

4 hours ago, NHLSeattle said:

I like this logo.  The name would suit me.

Still no official word on a name.  Gov. Inslee dropped the name "Totem" in March in referring to a rivalry between Vancouver and Seattle, but nothing out yet.

21-22 season is 3 years away.

Oh, wel......

Welcome back :)  I believe you have full member privileges as that was your 5th approved post.

Yeah, it seemed with Vegas they quickly got them going but the Seatle expansion seems to be at a slower pace.  I'm sure this is being timed with a potential lockout in 20-21. 

The only thing I'm not fond of in that logo is the color of the green.  It can't look like green algae in the water. 

17 hours ago, hf101 said:

Welcome back :)  I believe you have full member privileges as that was your 5th approved post.

Yeah, it seemed with Vegas they quickly got them going but the Seatle expansion seems to be at a slower pace.  I'm sure this is being timed with a potential lockout in 20-21. 

The only thing I'm not fond of in that logo is the color of the green.  It can't look like green algae in the water. 

Good to hear about the privs.

Yes, I have read that the lockout is one of the reasons for it being pushed back a year. 

Associated PressSeptember 14, 2018, 7:07 PM

SEATTLE — The Seattle City Council committee created to review plans for the renovation of KeyArena has unanimously approved the final transaction documents, setting the stage for full council approval of the arena plan later this month.

The Select Committee on Civic Arenas voted 7-0 Friday to approve the plans for the $700 million renovation of the city-owned building. The redevelopment of the arena is a privately funded development being spearheaded by Oak View Group. The full City Council is expected to take a final vote on the arena redevelopment on Sept. 24.

The approval is one of the last major hurdles to Seattle’s hopes of landing an NHL expansion franchise. Seattle Hockey Partners, the group looking to land the franchise, will present before the NHL Board of Governors Executive Committee on Oct. 2 in New York, and the full Board of Governors could take action on Seattle’s expansion bid before the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 1:08 PM, DevinWieser said:

I read somewhere that they may have to wait one more year than they originally expected. 

Here is a article of what the arena looks like now:

https://q13fox.com/2018/07/31/watch-new-renderings-of-a-remodeled-keyarena-released/

Bettman and the league are taking the conservative approach and saying 2021 but 2020 is not out of the question. The major issue - other than a lockout - was the area which will receive its final vote tomorrow. They will present to the executive committee on Oct. 2nd who will then turn around and present their findings to the BOG THAT afternoon. I was told by the league that they likely won't be voting on expansion at that point but during the December 8th BOG meeting in Florida.

OVG is still planning on a 2020 expansion and I wouldn't be shocked to see a team awarded in December with 2020 contingent on whether a lockout takes place.

10 hours ago, DougMellon said:

Bettman and the league are taking the conservative approach and saying 2021 but 2020 is not out of the question. The major issue - other than a lockout - was the area which will receive its final vote tomorrow. They will present to the executive committee on Oct. 2nd who will then turn around and present their findings to the BOG THAT afternoon. I was told by the league that they likely won't be voting on expansion at that point but during the December 8th BOG meeting in Florida.

OVG is still planning on a 2020 expansion and I wouldn't be shocked to see a team awarded in December with 2020 contingent on whether a lockout takes place.

Welcome and Thanks for the update.  Hopefully, the vote will be approved today and Seatle will have a team in 2020.

Archived