Bruins give up a ton for Rick Nash

hf101

8 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

@yave1964

In fairness, please keep in mind what I have said here: that Rick Nash is a better hockey player than Patrick Maroon and he very well could be a better fit for Boston. I just think the Devils got a lot more bang for their buck than the Bruins.

I don't know.  I'm not a Maroon fan.  "Bang for buck,"  -- maybe.  In that he's cheaper.  I don't think he adds much to New Jersey.  He had a pretty good first game, though, so maybe..

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

@yave1964

In fairness, please keep in mind what I have said here: that Rick Nash is a better hockey player than Patrick Maroon and he very well could be a better fit for Boston. I just think the Devils got a lot more bang for their buck than the Bruins.

Agreed,a third for Maroon was a nice under the radar pickup for the Devils as well as adding Grabner for a 2nd. You couldn't find two players with more different skill sets (other than both are below average passers) but both fit exact needs for the Devils for cheap. 

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Agreed,a third for Maroon was a nice under the radar pickup for the Devils as well as adding Grabner for a 2nd. You couldn't find two players with more different skill sets (other than both are below average passers) but both fit exact needs for the Devils for cheap. 

I agree.

The price for Nash was a bit unreal given his current skillset.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I don't know.  I'm not a Maroon fan.  "Bang for buck,"  -- maybe.  In that he's cheaper.  I don't think he adds much to New Jersey.  He had a pretty good first game, though, so maybe..

When I'm talking about "bang for the buck" I'm talking about acquisition cost. There was a night and day difference in cost between Nash and Maroon, and I don't think there is a night and day difference in what these teams should expect from these guys. He gave them a big body who can fit in with skilled players, and that's a nice thing come April. He only cost them a 3rd round pick, which I think is a fair price.

Archived