Stadium Series: TO @ Wash

hobie

I'm looking forward to this one. A great unique atmosphere in Annapolis tonight. USA Gold Medal Curling team and the Gold Medal Womens Hockey team is there too as a part of the pre-game ceremonies. The crazy weather yesterday canceled a practice on the ice so the goalies will have to get used to lighting, wind etc during pregame warmups.  

Both teams want this win tonight should be a great game.

• hf101 changed the title to Stadium Series: TO @ Wash
5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yeah, the all white look need not be used again -- ever.

Seriously it makes watching the game unwatchable. Reminds of the Michelin tires Mascot....

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Seriously it makes watching the game unwatchable. Reminds of the Michelin tires Mascot....

Not really fond of the Capitals looking like the Columbus Bluejackets either.

Game is on CBC (finally).  Talk about an entrance. 30 minutes before the game started. Grrr.  :)

Leafs should have just worn the tan colored pants. This is insane. They decided to wear doboks and they're whiter than the ice!

Sloppy defensive effort tonight. Missed defensive assignments have cost the Leafs. Not impressed.  

1 hour ago, hobie said:

Don'r care what they wear, hate outside games.

I had no idea this one was coming. Maybe someone can enlighten me on what this "Stadium Series" is supposed to mean? Is this a catch-all term that the league is using now for every outdoor game?

I'm ambivalent towards outdoor games now. It's a money grab by the league and an opportunity for teams to embarrass themselves with hideous uniforms like the Leafs did tonight. Save the white pants for the dojo. 

In any event, Toronto came up short again. I'm curious what their record is on Saturday nights. This was the first game on CBC (in English) in about a month. Toronto made several defensive mistakes that were essentially lost coverage. Caps had a 2-on-0 breakaway on one of them.

I'm not seeing the same Leafs team that you're seeing because I should be watching the weekday games I guess. Maybe someone from Leafs management has instructed the players to play better for the games on TSN and SportsNet and take the night off on Saturday for the CBC games since it's "free".

This team is going to have major problems in the playoffs if they can't shore up defensively. Boston and Tampa would destroy this Leafs team that I watched tonight. Hopefully they find another level to their game by April because I haven't seen it. 

Everything and anything the little turd Bettman touches is ONLY about money. He has little regard for the game of hockey and the fans of the NHL. His sole focus is making money for the owners. You need only watch the Olympics to know this.

I was a bit surprised that TO didn't dress Martin last night. I guess he's now TO's 14th forward.

Lou brought him in with that outrageous contract and I think it will take all of Lou's supposed magic to get rid of him without some of his money affecting TO's cap. 

Archived