Game 69: Jets at Flyers; 3/10/18 @ 1 PM

Howie58

The bookies seem to be divided on this game:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/winnipeg-philadelphia-odds-march-10-2018-869989

David Hess' take is decidedly in favor of Winnipeg.  They have won their last five on the road and trying to gain on the Preds in the West.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/3-10-2018/winnipeg-jets-vs-philadelphia-flyers-expert-prediction-4638/

It will be Connor Hellebuyck in goal for the Jets.  He is 1-1 against the Flyers lifetime (2.92 GAA).  We will counter with Petr Mrazek, who is 3-1 lifetime against Winnipeg (2.64 GAA).  

The Flyers need to address their mental lapses and "play 60 minutes" if they want to win.  It would be nice to see our bottom six chip in a goal and relieve our top line. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuff task ahead! Are we up to it? Gut check time boys . How you respond to this latest debacle against yet another top team may have a huge outcome on the rest of the season!!!! you can cry in your beer, or get pissed, and learn from it and improve on it, hopefully it will be the latter of the two and they FINALLY right the ship and keep it on course!

Gotta "clear the porch" stop puck watching, and bring your AAA+++ game The full 60!!! And we ALL know the officiating hasn't been Flyers friendly so stay the hell out of box, and take advantage of the power plays we do get gotta bury the Puck deep in the net repeatedly, we do that we should be ok (in a perfect world)

Image result for flyers goal vs jets gif

Flyer need to get back in the win column.

Lines

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
54 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 17 Wayne Simmonds
15 Jori Lehtera - 21 Scott Laughton - 24 Matt Read
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Robert Hagg - 6 Travis Sanheim
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

Goalies

34 Petr Mrazek - 49 Alex Lyon

I imagine MacDonald is concussed. I would pair Gudas and Sanheim again. Hakstol trusts Manning more than Gudas anyway, so I imagine he moves up onto the 2nd pairing with Hagg.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

That's pretty cold, dude. 

Have you noticed my sig line.....His NEVER challenging ANYBODY entering the zone and back skating until he hits the wall is beyond old. If it took this hit to get him out of the line up, so be it.

Don't look now but the Jackets are 2 points behind the Flyers. Today is a must win for the Flyers i don't care what anyone else says.

Are the Flyers trying to go winless in March after such a great February??

It feels that way.

I hope Sanheim can bring some firepower to the backend i want him to stay the rest of the year in the lineup.

Let Manning make popcorn.

The time is NOW to get a win!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, today is a test of whether we can beat winning teams. Our track record in this and the last few seasons hasn't been inspiring.

https://statsalt.com/games/nhl/3-10-2018/winnipeg-jets-vs-philadelphia-flyers-expert-prediction-7409/

Winnipeg doesn't have a good record in Philly; but that is based on a relatively small sample over many years.  

27 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Sadly, today is a test of whether we can beat winning teams. Our track record in this and the last few seasons hasn't been inspiring.

https://statsalt.com/games/nhl/3-10-2018/winnipeg-jets-vs-philadelphia-flyers-expert-prediction-7409/

Winnipeg doesn't have a good record in Philly; but that is based on a relatively small sample over many years.  

Wow shocker.....

Damn so Mcdud must be ok. 

58 minutes ago, Samifan said:

As expected Hak going back to Mrazek today against the Jets. :dizzysmiley-1:

Well had to show off his new mask.

I missed most of the 1st period....what i saw it was a good pace....some if stuff by the refs letting Lindblom get mugged even laying on the ground good thing the stick to the head didn't hurt him.

Jets have a good quick team. Flyers going to have to bring it to win this....maybe a greasy goal gets the win.

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Agreed with Clement that the Flyers are playing a road game; seem to be conservative and the forwards are helping out defensively.

Must be aggressive that is their game...not conservative....Hak is not Big Balls Doug Pederson for real. Stop playing scared!

Archived