Game 69: Jets at Flyers; 3/10/18 @ 1 PM

Howie58

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

he Petr Mrazek they have needed where the f**k has he been??

Not arguing the point, but his rebound control even today is horrible. Simply horrible. I really hope they don't extend him. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Not arguing the point, but his rebound control even today is horrible. Simply horrible. I really hope they don't extend him. 

Yes i don't disagree. It was one area Lyon excelled at and he has even to this point struggled to fix.

I hope he can get that fixed soon. It just puts a strain on the rest of the team to find and keep the other team away from them.

I don't know why G don't shoot more often? he's a friggin sniper ! He basically put that shot through hellebuck's glove , he got a nice piece of that shot but G powered that shot through the goalie !!! Maybe we should put an electric shock collar on them and when they pass too much , zap em or zap em when it's time to shoot it ,lol 

>>I don't know why G don't shoot more often? he's a friggin sniper.

He's always been a pass first guy... even the press noted he was looking to pass but couldn't find anything so he had to shoot.

But on average, I think the entire team did a shoot first type of game and it helped.  Now if they can only keep that up.   Maybe someone ( like the coach ) really does read the forum now and then <G>

I am glad for the win.  But...this reminded me a lot of our two playoff wins against Washington a few years ago with Neuvirth and says a lot about the team.  In so many words--we need to beat elite teams (or let's just say >.500 teams) with heroic goaltending in low-scoring affairs. We cannot win shoot-em-ups; we don't have the firepower.  We continue to outshoot our opponents (35-28) and in this case we win.  But as I have said in the past, we often do that when we lose. That makes me wonder about the quality of our shots.  Our PP is incompetent. 

PM gave us a good albeit flawed effort.  AMac and Toronto gave us a fluke winner.  But our scoring is concentrated in one good line. Overall, it's worth noting that we have 12 wins more than losses..  But, look at our goal differential--203 for, 202 against. That isn't awe inspiring.  My backyard Panthers are playing well of late, and their patient drafting (and astute pickups) seem to be paying off.  I am not saying the O and B isn't making progress.  But it seems we need some more work... a lot more work.  The Parent Days of one goal wins are long over.  We have stockpiled goal and D prospects.  Hopefully our forwards pan out. And we can't afford to sign more Weise types.

Archived