TOR vs PIT

Leafs were outplayed again and suffered a major scare at the end, but capitalized on their chances and won the game. Andersen is so important to this team.

I thought the Penguins were crazy to pull their goalie down by three goals but they almost tied it up.

Controversial call: No way is that goaltender interference on the Pittsburgh goal that was called back, but I'll take it anyway.  :)

When Andersen isn't an all star TO loses since about the 15 game mark of the season. It felt like every Leaf shot on net went in tonite.  I thought TO started the 2nd intent on locking down the game, content to defend rather than try to score.

That Pitts' goal err no goal should have counted?

1 hour ago, hobie said:

That Pitts' goal err no goal should have counted?

I thought the Leafs caught a break on that one. That is not goaltender interference at any point in the 100 year history of the NHL. That's a player skating across the front of the net and scoring. If that becomes the new norm for what is considered interference, then it's the end of "pure goalscorer goals" in the NHL. Everything from here forward will be garbage goals on point shot deflections. 

If that goal had been allowed, it would have been 3-3 in the third and the Penguins probably would have come back to win. They were taking it to the Leafs in the third and pressing hard at the end.  :)

Archived