Game 70: Vegas GK at Flyers: 3/12/18 @ 7 PM

Howie58

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Has he been playing wing?

Lol, I totally mixed that up.  Not sure if I meant to type “putting Giroux back at center” or “putting Couturier back on the third line.”   Probably the latter.  

On 3/14/2018 at 9:34 AM, brelic said:

I think there are better matchups that can be put out there, and I don't recall Laughton's line being hemmed in their own zone as much as Filp's.... though their linemates change often, so it's hard to pinpoint what's happening.

That could be true re: Laughton's line not being hemmed in as much (I don't have any stats to back that up), but other factors at play could be who the lines have matched up against and whether one line is getting more defensive zone starts than the other, particularly recently.  Also, I don't think Simmonds has been all that strong since coming back.  More than a few plays - offensively and defensively - where I deserved some blame.  Especially on the game winner vs. Vegas.

In the end, I know what you mean about going G/Patrick/Coots/Laughton down the middle. It's a stronger center lineup. It might work.

Raffl/G/TK

Lindblom/Patrick/Voracek

Filppula or Weal/Couturier/Simmonds

Lehtera/Laughton/Read or Leier

Yeah, if we had a matchup against Pittsburgh, for example, I think it should be considered.  The issues, again, are the third line.  Weal gets eaten up defensively.  If that line matches up against Malkin, would you want Weal there?  Tough call.

While we're on the topic of spreading the wealth... 

Provorov/MacDonald

Ghost/Hagg

Sanheim/Gudas

Manning

I' m less concerned about defensive pairings, but I wouldn't have an issue with this, with the idea being to put Provorov and Ghost together if the game situation dictates (down by a goal late, etc.).

21 hours ago, brelic said:

So, do you just let them run the way they have all year and take their lumps and chalk it up to experience gained? Or do you try something that will likely hurt offensive production but hopefully boost defense and give the Flyers more options for matchups - maybe even gain an edge if they can spread the wealth?

And maybe that is how best to view the POs.  Maybe it isn't so much about winning a round, but getting the experience.  If that's the philosophy, then I would keep Giroux on the wing with Couturier as his center.  

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

MAKE UP YOUR FRIGGIN' MIND DUDE!!

jk

Lol.  I know.  Just tossing some stuff out there and seeing what people think, not necessarily saying I think they must go one way or another.  

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2018 at 7:05 AM, vis said:

Classic.  Wish we could get Letterkenny down here.   I watch clips on YouTube, but have never seen a full episode.  Can’t even stream it.  Even tried Kodi, but couldn’t find it.  If anyone knows how to get it, please let me know.  

Just a PSA, but I recently learned that the first two seasons of Letterkenny are available on Hulu.  

15 hours ago, vis said:

Just a PSA, but I recently learned that the first two seasons of Letterkenny are available on Hulu.  

Thanks. I don't have Hulu.....

..give ya balls a tug tit f**ker!!!!

Archived